Reclaiming catalogue late payment fees

claret74
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Clare, generally yes late fees can be reclaimed, but remember the company is legally intitled to interest at no more than 3% above BoE's baserate for the time missed.

But if they charge a fixed fee say (£12) i would reclaim it!

Andrew

ASI Industries = As i in does tries!

As i in does tries!: My definition.

I will try, i may never succeed in the goal, but at least by trying i have a greater chance of success than never trying at all!

My opinions are my own & occasionally may offend, but it is not my intention to cause offence in the first place!

any charge for this kind of thing that is classed as a penalty is deemed unlawful and can be reclaimed, including banks, credit cards, catalogues, direct debit charges etc.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

Where would i find more information such as addresses and the like (mine are Fashion world) and would we use the credit card form to get them back?

Vanderpelt Vs Monument "won" (5 mins before court)

Vanderpelt Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Vs Natwest WON

Vanderpelt Vs Cap 1 WON

Vanderpelt Mrs Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Mrs Vs Marbles WON

Vanderpelt Mrs Vs Cap 1 WON

Vanderpelt Vs HFC (2 PPI, both WON)

Hi I found this on fashionworlds website it was really hard to look up - seems they don't like you writing to them :Fashion World Limited

Registered office: Griffin House, 40 Lever Street, Manchester, M60 6ES.

:p hope this helps

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

I would send a SAR with a £10 fee the same as the banks process

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

as Caz posts, try the SAR and give them the 40 days. they should provide you with statements where you can then work out the charges plus interest.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

I just reclaimed all my late payment charges with catalogue co. I sent a £1 for CCA request (which I knew they couldn't send as there was no executed agreement) - fortunately, I could look up all my charges online, but they replied to my CCA request with a copy of their T & C's - and a schedule of my transactions & charges. I wrote prelim. - they offered half - I sent back a partial acceptance offer letter - they replied less than a week later with full refund. 3 weeks - start to finish.

well done ladybird :)

If you have two accounts with the cataglouge and your are doing your SAR do you have to submit two letters with two fees?

or 1 letter with 2 fees

or just one letter one fee?

thanks

Vanderpelt Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Vs Cap 1 WON

The Information that you are requesting relates to you personally, So I would ask them to provide all the Information that they have relating to you and relating to all accounts held by you.

You should get away with one Fee IMHO.

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

• 3 weeks later...

Help I have been charge extremely high amounts of interest and late payment charges for flexi littlewoods and studio24 or studio54. I mean my total is 1700 and 53.00 is interest of a 83.00 payment! I get charge late payments of £25 and have suffered for years.

where do I start what kind if this do I write?

Please help Ive done the bank one but dont know how to word the catalogue one.

kerry

Hi sorry to sound really dumb, but what is a CCA?

Cant rememebr signing a credit agreement? Do you think its worth going for that late payment charges as they are high, I have had 3 with all experience of late payment charges being charged alot for even being a day late?

Can you help me word it is it like the bank one example

[iNSERT TODAY’S DATE]

[iNSERT YOUR HOME ADDRESS]

[iNSERT THE NAME OF YOUR BANK]

[iNSERT THE ADDRESS OF BANK]

Re: Account number [iNSERT YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER]

Dear Sir/Madam,

I request that [insert name) provides me with details of all default charges orders I have paid in the last six years.

I understand that [iNSERT THE NAME OF catalogue] is obliged to provide this information under the Data Protection Act 1998.

I look forward to hearing from you within 40 days.

Yours faithfully

[sIGN YOUR NAME]

[TYPE YOUR NAME]

Thankyou for all you kind help

sticky.gif Sticky: 1. Data Protection Act, Subject Access Request letter - List of charges(4 Viewing)

BankFodder

I'd do the normal SAR from the above link, change it where it says "bank" to "your company" or similar, and leave out the last sentence about collecting from local branch. I think that's all the changes you need to make - but just have a look through it because I can't remember it off by heart!

A CCA request is when you ask for the original agreement to ensure that it complies with the Consumer Credit Act. - Or indeed to ensure that there IS an agreement in force.

Hi Thankyou again.

Once I get this back (its studio catologue I,m claiming against) What do I do from there?

Is it service and admin charges I can claim against them as I understand thats what alot of people do.

When I calculate them which I will be horrifed at what action do I take form there?

I,m sorry to be a pain your help is much appreviated and if I win I will defently send a donation to this site as its amazing.

Thankyou juat find it hard understanding it all.

Kerry

If you post back on here when you get the details, we can look at what you can claim and how to do it. As I've subscribed to this thread, it will appear on my user controls as soon as anything is posted to it, so I will know when you've posted anything.

You're not being a pain!! It takes a bit of time to get your head round all this stuff. So get your letter sent off & come back on when you've got a reply.

• 2 weeks later...

BTW have started action against 1 card from the wife and I, but Fashion World are making it tricky by demanding 2 fees and also using a firm of solicitors. However it has been completed and sent out as the amounnt they owe me is enough on one to clear all of them.

Vanderpelt Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Vs Cap 1 WON

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have recieved 6 years statements from Littlewoods Catalog today, and I have paid £800 in interest and about the same in their so-called 'Payment Protection Plan & Insurance for goods' which I don't remember evr signing up for - Can I claim for both?

• 2 weeks later...

I have claimed for 4 accounts with LSDG through the courts for £347 plus £49 interest as penalty charges and have sent another LBA foe all the insurance charges. However a conversation with someone in the directors office at littlewoods has ment that they are to refund these charges without court action as they had recorded on my SAR details that I had not asked for and several times insisted that they remove the insurance charges. I wouls have gone to small clams court for these as well, so do not let them get away with it.

Sorry to but in:D .

Am trying to reclaim late payment charges for a friend. It's for a store card. Would I do a CCA first then an SAR or just SAR?

On receipt of SAR, how do I reclaim late payment charges, is there a template?

Many thanks

BO :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi just thought i'd let you know, i recently wrote to Studio cataloge requesting all my chrges to be refunded. I already had all my statements so just photocopied them and sent them off. Withhin 7 days i recieved a letter and a full refund was given to me :)

ABBEY: Owed £1.140 :mad:

06/07/06 - Requested Statements

07/08/06 - Request For Repayment Letter Sent Totaling £1,140

29/08/06 - LBA Sent

15/09/06 - Received reply offering £570 as a final settlement

25/09/06 - Accepted offer but ONLY as a partial repayment, & notified them that i am still going to persue for the remainder of the money

01/10/06 - Set up court date

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks