Quick question on defaults

rodenal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently made a request to AA financial services who have registered a default on my file to send me copies of the agreement and default notices etc.

I sent this on the 7th of February, and have received a letter dated the 13th of march which encloses the requested data. Are they too late to do this?

Assuming not, the two copies i have been sent, whilst having been signed, only have a typed date on them, and no stamp to validate this as i would expect, is this normal procedure or can i claim this isnt sufficient?

Also, the two default notice letters i have received are dated the 16/04/2005 and 24/06/05, the latter saying i have to pay £101.75 by the 04/07/2005. On my Credit report i have 'defaulted on' 28/02/2006. Does this sound right? Should the notice not be registered on the 04/07/2005 if the payment didnt reach them.

Unfortunately i dont have bank statements going far enough back at present to check if i sent 101.75 to them by the 04/07/2005, but this is in hand.

Any thoughts welcome

I recently made a request to AA financial services who have registered a default on my file to send me copies of the agreement and default notices etc.

I sent this on the 7th of February, and have received a letter dated the 13th of march which encloses the requested data. Are they too late to do this?

Assuming not, the two copies i have been sent, whilst having been signed, only have a typed date on them, and no stamp to validate this as i would expect, is this normal procedure or can i claim this isnt sufficient?

Also, the two default notice letters i have received are dated the 16/04/2005 and 24/06/05, the latter saying i have to pay £101.75 by the 04/07/2005. On my Credit report i have 'defaulted on' 28/02/2006. Does this sound right? Should the notice not be registered on the 04/07/2005 if the payment didnt reach them.

Unfortunately i dont have bank statements going far enough back at present to check if i sent 101.75 to them by the 04/07/2005, but this is in hand.

Any thoughts welcome

No,, They are within the prescribed time limit :mad:

Just hate every DCA out there

How can they Be if they stated that he had until the 4th July?????

If they stated that he had until that date to pay then they should have waited until then.

Surely they are in some kind of breach & the whole thing should be thrown out?????

I like to think that anyway as Im in a similar situation myself.

How can they Be if they stated that he had until the 4th July?????

If they stated that he had until that date to pay then they should have waited until then.

Surely they are in some kind of breach & the whole thing should be thrown out?????

I like to think that anyway as Im in a similar situation myself.

I was making a point re their reply to the CCA request...and look at the years that is being talked about 05 and 06. If someone's in default (and remains so) then they register the default when they choose to.

I understand that they are entitled to register the default on my report whenever they deem fit, however im just slightly concerned that the notice dates and default notice date on file are quite different. There are a good few months in there, surely they should supply an accurate 'default date'. Have i anything to go on or should i just accept that this one will stay?

I understand that they are entitled to register the default on my report whenever they deem fit, however im just slightly concerned that the notice dates and default notice date on file are quite different. There are a good few months in there, surely they should supply an accurate 'default date'. Have i anything to go on or should i just accept that this one will stay?

Defaults are hard enough to get removed when they've no right to be there, let alone when there's a good reason. IMO it's just one you have to swallow but please feel free to get advice from anyone who knows better than I :)

I have a feeling you're right about that.

Has anybody ever had a positive outcome from a 'nice' letter asking for it to be removed as a goodwill gesture due to the fact the balance was paid in full?

Im doubting it but thinking about giving it a try.

I have a feeling you're right about that.

Has anybody ever had a positive outcome from a 'nice' letter asking for it to be removed as a goodwill gesture due to the fact the balance was paid in full?

Im doubting it but thinking about giving it a try.

Your best bet would be to go to the CRA's ..

There is a very informative website here: Remove Default Notices on a Credit File - We show you how

Have a look, it may be of help.....

Just for your own info Sling- That link is very old hat and even the banks and DCA's have cottoned on to it. It might work in one or two incidences, but not in this particular case, besides there's much better ways of getting defaults removed if they shouldn't be there- read around the site a bit more and you'll see what I mean. The default is there because it should be, not because some DCA feels like putting it there. It's very unfortunate and a real pain in the rear but I don't think there's a lot can be done in this case, more's the pity :(