Me v Northern Bank

ciawoman

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've sent my claim off to the Northern Bank for all the referral charges and unpaid charges for the past three years and it came to over £3,000.

I received a phone call today from my bank manager asking me to come and discuss it with him on Tuesday. I am very nervous about this as I'm always in the red and that the bank has let me go over my facility and paid items for me they could have refused.. Have I still a right to reclaim all these charges or should I accept less.

A friend of mine was offered a much lower amount from the Northern and she turned it down and then they made her a very reasonable offer but she wasn't in the red as much as I am..

I need to go in there fighting but feel I might get a ticking off instead :???:

Cia

Hi, I'm in a similar position with the ulster bank although it hasn't got that far yet.I wrote a letter today and I think I've made a big mistake not in the fact that I wrote the letter but that I told them from the outset my intentions. Fact is in the last four months they have taken almost £600 from me which leaves the next month in arrears because they have taken that much. What worries me is in the past I have fought and got some of the fees returned but will this make the bank look caring and therefore go against me

hephalump

My job entails me dealing with a lot of client's bank accounts and I have noticed that recently the banks are automatically refunding all or part of the client last quarters bank charges. To me this means that the banks know they are in the wrong but are hoping that most won't take action.

I like to hide behind letters but scared about going face to face with them...

You are totally in your rights to claim the amount back!

Cia

tell them to sod off-keep everything to do with this in wiritng

I would not advise ANYONE to meet them face to face,as I was the first one they tried this tactic with,before I worded a reply in such a manner that they could never have agreed to the terms I set them for any such meeting.

Very shortly after,I got my £5000 rfunded

Hi I made a help post earlier regarding my offer!

The bank manager was very nice but kept going on about going over my overdraft limit. He rang me and repeated again about me going over my overdraft limit and offered me 50% £1,600. I have turned that down and have not heard anything else.. so its a waiting game now. I know from other people who have dealt with the Northern bank that they alway start with a low offer..

So waiting to see what happens now!!

Cia

• Haha 1

Hi

Just letting everyone know that I have been refunded 95% of my fees, I know I could have got 100% but at the meeting with the bank manager I said 95% to 100% So I'm getting just over £3000 back in charges. Thank you everyone for your help. It only took 2 weeks to have this case settled..

:D

I'm now waiting on The Household Bank to get back to me about PPI which I never wanted but was added to a loan..