£110 overdraft setup fee

Meteor58
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi zootscoot

Yes, I understand that, I'm complaining about the level it is set at relative to the work involved.

Here's the letter I'm sending...

Dear Sir,

Account No. xxxxxxxx

I recently took up your offer of an overdraft facility on the above account.

Please would explain how the arrangement fee of £110 is arrived at.

I ask because I find it a very high figure for the amount of work actually needed to process such a transaction.

Being in business myself, I understand the need to be clear what I am charging and what for. If my customers feel I am charging too much they will challenge me and I will offer an explanation. If at any time I cannot explain to their satisfaction, I may loose their order. If I behave with the attitude that I will charge what I like because I can, I will loose them forever and they will tell other customers how arrogant I am.

As you’ve probably guessed, I am thinking the bank’s £110 fee falls into the latter category, as that is the kind of money I would expect to pay a senior lawyer for an hours work, not to a highly computerised bank system for a few minutes mouse clicking.

I await your explanation with anticipation.

Yours faithfully

Meteor58

Guest NATTIE

In this day and age we have choice so if you hate the service find one cheaper(probably response in round about way). It is a service and cannot be claimed, do some research into what other banks charge and you may find it similar across the board. You can write but you asked for the overdraft and a charge is made on a business account to have one.