What to do if you get clamped

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been reading through the site. theres loads here on advice for PCN's given by private companies. But what happens if you get clamped on private land. Obviously in this situation you have to get the clamp off and this means phoning up the clamping company. Are there any ways to argue this, especially if you find your car clamped and there is an unreasonable charge.

Do you

a) Take action at the time

b) Take action later

c) Take no action

?

Cheers.

maybe call the police as your car has been unlawfully immobilised???

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

Unforunanately, if there are proper signs and the company is SIA registered the police can't do anything as the clamping is legal (due to a somewhat perverse court decision).

If you can remove the clamp without damaging it (usually by deflating the tyre), then you may do so.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

zamzara

can you elaborate re perverse court decision?

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

Arthur v Anker

The judge ruled that clamping is legal if there are clear signs, as the driver has consented to it. I call the decision perverse, as I can't imagine the precedent extending to any other analagous areas (such as nailing someone's front door shut or clamping a pram), so it appears the motorist has as usual been singled out.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.