You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

8-ball

8Ball v Barclays **WON**

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4844 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all,

A few weeks back, I added everything up, and it turns out that Barclays have stiffed me for about £1900 (including interest) over the last few years, so I'm going for the whole lot. It feels good to be on the other end of things for a change.

I sent the data protection letter, to which they replied. I then worked out the charges and interest, and sent them the 1st letter 2 weeks ago, giving them 2 weeks to reply.

They've now sent me a letter back saying:

"We are looking into your concerns and will let you have an answer or update as quickly as possible, but no later than 29 March 2007. In the meantime if you wish to discuss this matter further please call us on etc etc"

The 29th march is in about 2 weeks' time - 2 weeks after the deadline in the 1st letter. It looks like they're stalling & deliberately stringing things out.

So - question - do I send letter 3 straight away, or do I play their game and wait for an 'update' on the 29th. What have other people done, and if they waited, what happened?

ta for any help

Will

Guest Mumofthreeboys
A few weeks back, I added everything up, and it turns out that Barclays have stiffed me for about £1900 (including interest) over the last few years, so I'm going for the whole lot. It feels good to be on the other end of things for a change.

When you say you are going for the lot including interest - have you used the spreadsheet to calculate the proportion of interest you are entitled to?

When you say you are going for the lot including interest - have you used the spreadsheet to calculate the proportion of interest you are entitled to?

Yes - I did the one on the Moneysavingexpert website, so it's all worked out properly down to the last penny.

Guest Mumofthreeboys

So you have your charges detailed on a spreadsheet for later use? Barclays will probably not pay unless you sue them and you'll need a copy of your spreadsheet for that.

So you have your charges detailed on a spreadsheet for later use? Barclays will probably not pay unless you sue them and you'll need a copy of your spreadsheet for that.

Yes - got all that thanks.

Anyone got answers to the original question?

Thanks

Will

Guest Mumofthreeboys
So - question - do I send letter 3 straight away, or do I play their game and wait for an 'update' on the 29th. What have other people done, and if they waited, what happened?

ta for any help

Will

You send the next letter when the deadline is up, you don't wait for them.

Barclays replied to me within a week after receiving the letter you mention They offered me half the amount I was asking (which a refused).

If they don't reply within the 2 week you set out send the LBA (letter before action).

Ignore their times and dates and delaying tactics!

Good luck!

Letter before action sent. I actually sent it the day after watching the whistleblower doc - it kind of spurred me on.

Also - I live in Bristol now. My home branch is in London (Muswell Hill), however, because I opened the account from there. Have I been correct in sending my letters to the Muswell Hill branch?

And another question - if it eventuall goes to court, where do I summons them to? London or Bristol?

Thanks

8ball

I opened my account in Watford but sent all my letters to Barclays head office in London (addresses available on this site in FAQ). Still I'm sure what you have done is fine.

Your complaint will be forwarded accordingly and you'll hopefully receive a positive reply, if not, continue your correspondence with the address given on the replied letters and keep to the times set out.

All the best

Result!

I've just got a letter this morning offering £1265 as a 'gesture of goodwill'.

I think I'll take it, as I really need the money and haven't got the time or the mental energy to go to court.

One thing - has anyone had any problems getting the money from them once they signed and returned the form, or are they pretty quick to pay up?

So how short are you of the full amount ?

If I have been of any use to you in my response please click my scales. :oops:

MBNA WON 16/3/07 £1700 :p

Barlcays N1 fileld in and awaiting funds to take them to court.

If you want to spend some of your money from your new spending saving scheme why not buy a flybook laptop. http://www.everythingflybook.com. I can highly recommend them.

Currently in Litagation with Barclays 11/5/7 ( Awaiting Court Date )

So how short are you of the full amount ?

About 400 if you don't include the interest.

I think that is a result for Barclays.

It's only because of your current financial problem. Otherwise, Barclays will finally pay up but at the last minute.

The choice is yours.

Good luck

well

No idea what happened there must have pushed send accidently

anyway Congratulation, well done you !!!!!!!!!