Quick question

chris1987
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just requested a copy of all bank charges for the last 6 years, i only think it will be around £300 but i currently have a 5-6 overdraft which is almost maxed out...

is it possible that if i try and claim the charges back, that they may demand the overdraft money back all at once?

thanx

Guest louis wu

That is a common question, and one with no definative answer.

Usually with an o/d, if you keep the account in good order, pay in at least the minimum payments and dont go over your limit too often, then they are just automatically renewed. That doesn't mean to say its garaunteed though, so dont bank on it.

How much is the o/d?....more than your claim by the sounds of it.

Your o/d usually runs for 12 months, ask them when the renewal date is, and if there are likely to be any problems renewing it. They do have to give notice to terminate it however, and if you are disputing your charges they shouldn't touch it at all until the claim is settled.

Sorry if this is a but vague, but its not an exact science.

Best of luck

Louis

That is a common question, and one with no definative answer.

Usually with an o/d, if you keep the account in good order, pay in at least the minimum payments and dont go over your limit too often, then they are just automatically renewed. That doesn't mean to say its garaunteed though, so dont bank on it.

How much is the o/d?....more than your claim by the sounds of it.

Your o/d usually runs for 12 months, ask them when the renewal date is, and if there are likely to be any problems renewing it. They do have to give notice to terminate it however, and if you are disputing your charges they shouldn't touch it at all until the claim is settled.

Sorry if this is a but vague, but its not an exact science.

Best of luck

Louis

Erm the overdraft is £600 and im 550 into it.

if the claim is £300 roughly and they refund it, could they then demand the rest is payed back and then take my overdraft away completley...meening in the end iv actually come out £300 down at the moment??

Hi chris1987 some have and some havent and there is no set reason why this is, "meening in the end iv actually come out £300 down at the moment?" why, you have reduced the overdraft if nothing else.

if im at minus 600 at the moment, i claim 300 back lets say, but they demand the overdraft back off me and then take if off me, that meens afta i claim i am at - 300, then they demand the rest back, so i pay 300 in, which takes me to 0.00 then they take my overdraft away from me,

that now meens i then have no overdraft which i need for when i buy my car...

get me now??

I get ya!

But, it appears that you're applying some strange logic.

If you claim you get back something that's been taken from you, and yes, you do run the risk that the bank takes the overdraft back, but you run that risk anyway as they can ask for the overdraft back at any point.

I get ya!

But, it appears that you're applying some strange logic.

If you claim you get back something that's been taken from you, and yes, you do run the risk that the bank takes the overdraft back, but you run that risk anyway as they can ask for the overdraft back at any point.

i understad i run that risk anyway, but are they more likely to take it from me if i claim the charges back...in retaliation kind of

Guest louis wu

Chris,

The general responce you are getting, and will continue to get, is nobody knows what the bank will do:?

They may take the o/d facility away, then again they might not, and as knellyk says, they may take it off you anyway.

I think you would be well advised to find out exactly how much you would be claiming back, and compare that with the current o/d. If the figures are acceptable to you then claim, if not don't

If you are that worried about it....don't claim until you can afford to.