Diary of an impatient woman!

Philomena100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Pliny .. and you obviously haven’t read many of ours including phil's thread, if you did you would stop making suggestions that were made 2 pages ago.

Freaky we are way over the boundary’s of a normal claim with this DG have used a defence that isn’t right and Phil is in danger of loosing her claim… but she wont cuz we are here

pete

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really I don't see it just a lot of disjointed statements but then even if I have overlooked it reiterating advice isn't an offence.

Mention all of what you have been told & has happened in your letter to the DJ

The staff in Northampton appear to be making a lot of 'mistakes' which all appear to be to the advantage of the banks & never to the consumer claimant

You should send a letter to the court manager pointing out the mistakes being made

I would hand deliver the letter you have to have in by Tuesday if this is at all possible .

In another post you say the defendents have written to the court saying it is settled ( you have been paid ) the courts gets this a lot and only you can stop your claim , that is why we advise you to inform the court in writing when your claim has been settled.As for them not taking your instructions over the phone , it could be anyone saying they are you so they can't do that .

Before anyone jumps as what I have said is posted x pages back , its late I'm tired and never read the whole thread so I am sorry if I am repeating anyone :)

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

As have I pete

Anyway what is your problem? Where is my advice at fault even if it is, like Janets, a repeat, & when did you become the arbitor on this site.

[quote=Castlebest;759102

Freaky we are way over the boundary’s of a normal claim with this DG have used a defence that isn’t right and Phil is in danger of loosing her claim… but she wont cuz we are here

pete

Pete,

Sorry if I am missing something but whatever defence DG has used, a copy should have been sent to Phil! Yes? No?:)

It would be useful to know what it says on the defence!

There is some doubt that they did put in a defence & only wrote to the court saying they had settled when in fact the OP has heard nothing.

The confusion appears to be because the court staff have told the OP different things

Just read the whole thread again and I am lost as to whats happened! Surely the courts don't accept DG or HSBC word that payment has been made? It should be down to the claimant to halt a case due to being paid?

I will leave this one to the mods and site helpers.

I really hope it works out for you Phil.

No they will accept notification, paticularly from solicitors, that a matter has been settled.

However the court appear to have given the OP an opportunity to advise the court that they wish to continue having not been settled as claimed.

The problem is that neither the court nor the OP have recieved the correspondence

hey guys honestly if i didnt have this board to post on my daily drama i would have thrown in the towel by now!...but i can always count on castlebest to bitch slap some sense into me!:D

ok phoned the court this morning on hold for what seemed longer than a lifetime!....DG have been in touch with the court manager or something and ammend the details on which they entered a defence so now itws just a normal time consuming defence rather than one that is based on rubbish!......that was a little bit of sarcasm by the way! my case is being transferred to some court in london i forgot the name will post it later.

I explained to the courts that in times like this when deadlines are critical it is unprofessional for the courts not to send you out letters detailing the next steps as me possibly losing my claim based on the fact that i wasnt informed i do not think is correct.

I dont know who but somebody posted on here that i should have looked it up online there is only so much you can look up on the online page it doesnt tell you EVERYTHING excuse me for not knowing the details of the court procedings in my head!

you know me the calm waters wont last for long!:D DG are fools i tell you fools! why didnt they check these things over b4 they cocked up the paper work!

i sent dg the leter on friday about the charges in the wrong dates etc that i posted earlier so im hoping by the end of the week to get the full offer fingers crossed!;)

hey guys honestly if i didnt have this board to post on my daily drama i would have thrown in the towel by now!...but i can always count on castlebest to bitch slap some sense into me!:D

ok phoned the court this morning on hold for what seemed longer than a lifetime!....DG have been in touch with the court manager or something and ammend the details on which they entered a defence so now itws just a normal time consuming defence rather than one that is based on rubbish!......that was a little bit of sarcasm by the way! my case is being transferred to some court in london i forgot the name will post it later.

I explained to the courts that in times like this when deadlines are critical it is unprofessional for the courts not to send you out letters detailing the next steps as me possibly losing my claim based on the fact that i wasnt informed i do not think is correct.

I dont know who but somebody posted on here that i should have looked it up online there is only so much you can look up on the online page it doesnt tell you EVERYTHING excuse me for not knowing the details of the court procedings in my head!

That would be me & I was trying to be helpful to others who rely on this site for guidance.

It has been stated time & time again on this site by it's founders & the mods that it's important to read as much as possible about claiming INCLUDING understanding the court process BEFORE commencing your claim.

Those that don't often find themselves having their claims struck out much to the detriment to the rest of us.

Anyway pleased to see matters are now sorted. Just remember to keep a close eye on whats going on & when you have their defence lets see it in case there are any other hidden traps

Hi Pliny, you say

"Those that don't often find themselves having their claims struck out much to the detriment to the rest of us."

Is that right as I have not read anywhere about people having thier claims struck out. I am interested in reading these cases. can you point me in the right direction for them?

Thanks, Freaky.

They are all over this site where members have made mistakes by running before they can walk.

I suggest you read the advice given by the founders & mods at the start of this site

Phil, there are many different people here, some can list the various legal elements and forms off the tops of their heads, some and I like to think of myself in this group just know what’s right and offer support, and many variations in between.

If I have to write a letter I have to read up on the legal stuff I can never remember it well enough to quote.

I’m sure pliny is trying to help in her own way, she just didn’t realise that although we have a laff and a joke we are actually quite good between us. And I don’t think she realised what we were talking about when she first started posting.

I don’t think any one of us would claim to be any more experienced or any better than any one else and that’s including mamy lattie we just work well together.

pete