Direct Auto Finance - Yes Car Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm trying to. I made a part-payment of my monthly instalment a couple of months ago, 'cos I was skint! Better something than nothing, I thought. Now £140 arrears has become £275!!!! Because of their conduct (constant harassment by phone; ignoring my letters etc.) I'm asking them to cancel all the charges applied to my account. If they don't, I'll take court action, just like I am with Barclays.As far as I can see, it's the same principle!I'll probably start a thread for this claim in the next couple of days.what's your beef with them, if you don't mind me asking?David.

Barclays (2 accounts) WON

Lloyds TSB (Daughter's) WON

Cohen's: WON (discontinued)

DLC: Given up, gone away.

Eversheds: Trying!

Equidebt: In default

Intrum J: Return to OC

iQor: Stopped paying.

Link: In default.

ScotCall: Return to OC

Thames: Stopped paying.

I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and staff who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.

i recently finished paying my installments to YCC.

over the four years i was with them i did manage to get them to drop several charges that they had put on for one thing or another.

if you try ringing or writing to them you may be successful, it's worth a shot.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

I'm doing everything in writing, and I've requested that they not phone me, because the phone never stops ringing! Their phone staff aren't even much help; the best they could suggest for dealing with arrears was 'could no-one in your family lend you the money.....:eek: :eek: :eek: '

D.

Barclays (2 accounts) WON

Lloyds TSB (Daughter's) WON

Cohen's: WON (discontinued)

DLC: Given up, gone away.

Eversheds: Trying!

Equidebt: In default

Intrum J: Return to OC

iQor: Stopped paying.

Link: In default.

ScotCall: Return to OC

Thames: Stopped paying.

I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and staff who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.

i totally understand your anger and confusion with this company.

it did my head in the whole four years i was with them.

the best thing they ever did was close down.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

Hi,David

This is what you should do in order to get your charges back.

Write them a letter very similar to the one you send for the bank charges and change as apropriate. Ask them basically to prove that it cost £15 to send you a letter, bla-bla. Download the form N1 and fill it in and attach it to your letter. Refer to it as "Please find a sample of the County Court claim I intend to submit in the event you won't refund the charges". They will pass it to their legal department who are a bunch of morons and realising that they have no grounds for establishing a defence I believe they will refund you the money. If you just send them letters stating that you intend to take them to court they might not take you seriously. You cannot imagine what effect has a County Court form on this kind of people ! If you need help with the paperwork please email me. If DAF won't fall for it just take them to court. I can assure you that it will cost them more to defend the claim than to give you your money back.

In relation to the harassment just check this link CIAC Debt in order to get some information. Insert in your letter passages from the Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act that would apply to the way they harassed you. If you get no joy just complain to your local Trading Standards office on the grounds that DAF are phone harassing you in order to recover their unfair penalties.

Best of Luck.