• Tweets

• I hear people working in film and tv industry are regularly tested some daily to around twice a week, with the quick result type.   I haven't met any NHS worker yet who is tested at all on a regular basis to monitor the disease. Maybe to keep NHS staff working and not absent with covid.  I've heard of covid tests where there's an immediate need to mitigate an outbreak in a particular area. There's been covid anti body tests which I presume was carried out across the NHS, but I don't know. It was voluntary.
    • please note your corrected dates above.   pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform. [if mcol is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] .  register as an individual on the Gov't Gateway Site  note down your details inc the long gateway number given, you might need it later.  then log in to the MCOL Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform .  defend all  leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit MCOL. .. get a CCA Request running to the claimant https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332502-cca-request-consumer-credit-act-1974-updated-january-2015/ .. Leave the £1 PO unsigned and uncrossed . get a CPR  31:14  request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant] ... .[use our other CPR letter if the claim is for an OD or Telecom Debt] . https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/ . on BOTH type your name ONLY Do Not sign anything . you DO NOT await the return of ANY paperwork  you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count] ..............  
    • There's also the option to go for the full refund and have your 8 friends re-purchase a ticket from Glasgow.   I know it feels bad to cave in, but this would save you the hassle of having to fight.   How much would you be at a loss for if you did that?  
    • National Savings and Investments yesterday slashed rates for its 25 million customers. But customers trying to move their money are having to wait weeks as they struggle with the website. View the full article
    • Hi hope this is correct   Name of the Claimant - Evergreen finance   Date of issue – 17Nov 2020  Date to acknowledge = 4 Dec  date to submit defence = 18 Dec    What is the claim for –    1.The claimant is and was at all material times in business as a High Cost Short Term lender providing short-term finance to consumers.   2.By a regulated credit agreement made, in writing, between the Parties on 09/02/20 the Claimant agreed to advance the Defendant the sum £400 and the Defendant agreed to repay the sum together with interest over 4 instalments.   3.In breach of the agreement the Defendant has failed to pay the agreed instalments and the account was placed into default on 14/08/20.   4.Despite numerous requests for payment, the Defendant has not paid the Claimant the sum of £600.48. The Defendant therefore owes the sum of £649.87 including charges and interest for missed payment.   The Claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Code Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 14/08/20 to 16/11/20 on £648.87and also interest at the rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £2.18.   Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? -  PDL   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? - After   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. - OC    Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? N/A    Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? - No   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? - no only email stating the account could go into default    Why did you cease payments? - Took a payment break of 2 months due to being furloughed then when the payments resumed an extra month payment had been added to the account so it was disputed    What was the date of your last payment? 01/04/20   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? - yes    Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management - Yes I advised my financial situation and struggling to make payment     thanks G   I have checked on Experian and there is not a default mark against the account just 5 mixes marked as not updated ? Would that suggest no default notice has been given?   thanks G
  • Our picks

British Gas Loan & PPI

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5303 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

My wife is in dispute/disagreement with British Gas over a loan taken out approx one year ago. At the time she was worried about redudancy, that is now not likely to occur and anyway we want to pay off the loan, having cashed in an endowment. Applied on-line for the loan, but due to the redundance worry she phoned up to take out PPI on the loan. The next day a courier arrived withthe documents to be signed and hand over the cheque. It was obviuosly in a hurry, so my wife signed and he left. Must admit to not reading all the small print, but in large letters it had £248.00 monthly payment for loan, £38.00 for PPI, total £286.00.

Phoned up to cancel the PPI and get a redemption figure. We were told approx £5,500 would clear the loan. Said we get back to them. A week later the redemption figure had risen to £6,500!! We queried this and were told the first perospon we spoke to was in error!! Talked to managers etc on the phonre, but they would not budge. So we sent in a letter for DPA request of the phone call and all other correspondance and detials they had regarding my wife. Letter arrived yesterday replied to our letter of the 27th April, so they didn't exactly hurry to reply.

It goes on about 30 day cancellation rights and that if it's over 30 days it's at their discretion to cancel or not. They have now cancelled the PPI, which is the good bit, but the bad bit is the cost of doing so. The monthly payments have reduced by only £2.00 :( That is becaue accoprding to them you pay for the PPI upfront, before you start to pay off the loan. Rip off!

So we have put together the folowing letter and wonder what anyone here thinks about it:

Dear Miss ......

I refer to your letter dated the 16th May 2006. Unfortuntatly it would appear to me that you have totally ignored the salient points of my letter. Alow me to reinterate.

1. I orginally signed an agreement for my LOAN which menat that i was paying an interest rate of 7.9% which amounted to a monthly amount of £248.00 (without payment protection)

2. I am now expected to pay £36.00 per month more that the above for that loan and, having cancelled my PPI am not receiving any additional service or further loan amount in recompense.

3. I did not expect a full refund of the premiums that I had paid for my insurance as I had enjoyed the priveledge of that insurnace for a number of months. I simply expectd not to continue paying once the insurnac was cancelled. At no point ws it made clear to me that I would pay for my payment protection before making contrbutions to my loan.

In view of the above and the fact that you conveniently have no record of the telephone conversations in whcih I feel I have been serioulsy mislead I have no choice but to resort to taking you to the small claims court to retrieve what i feel is rightfuly mine. In addition to the above I belive that the DPA does entitle me to receive anything you hold on record for me and in returning my request unserved you are breaking the DPA. It also means that from the date of my intial inquiry you would have still had access to the phone conversation in queston as it was within your expiry date.

In summary, I am asking for you to refund me £325 which is what I see as the overpayment in subscriptions for the PPI. I am also expecting my monthly payments to return to thier orginal amount of £248.00 for the duration of the original term. I am allowing you 14 days to settle my claim oput of court before I issue court proceedings.

I am sure when you have understood that I am not simply avoiding my orginal commitment and that I do understand my obligation that you will see your way clear to meeting my request.

Any suggestions? Was wondering if we should offer a figure to close the loan with or ask them for a final redemption figure as well?

Thanks for all the help on these forums.

Neil.

Im in a similar situation as yours with regarding the insurance, i never received any paperwork to look over in regarding the insurance or my rights to cancel. i therefore am taking xxx loans to court over this. im going to try and prove it was missold.

i think i will win on the above grounds(no info. ever sent out).

There is other payment issues that im also persuing through the small claims, clearly been overcharging me, therefore im going to argue that its a breach of there own contract(shortning term of agreed term of loan).

Have a damn good look at your annual/monthly statements and whatever they have added and check its correct! thats how i found out that xxx loans had been overcharging.

by the way, how does your early redemption penalty work? is it rule 78? or is it just a months interest on oustanding balance etc. or didnt you know until you asked for the early settlement(like i found out)

good luck and dont be frightened to take them to small claims court.

good luck

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5303 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you