Dinghy v MBNA

dinghy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ah what the hell... Hello Stuart, Gareth & all the others @ MBNA advocates office !!! (Just in case they are reading this !)

Emailed Stuart this morning asking how my query was progressing because hadn't heard anything...

Oddly enough got a letter later in the post from Rachel Claridge stating that I would "recieve a full written response within 28 days from the date of receipt of complaint" and to contact Gareth if wanted anything in the meantime...

Figured I'd best give him a quick call to ensure that he knew the date they recieved letter was when I emailed it to Stuart... Apparently they have the details there amongst lots of others and they will post them out either tonight or tomorrow... When I suggested that they probably had a lot of these requests at the moment I got a wry chuckle ! Think they might have got over the stress of the last few weeks and probably just resigned now to the extra work with a kind of gallows humour !

They won't email any details due to security issues (which I guess to some extent is fair enough) So guess I should find out how much they will have to repay me in the next few days... Might have to drop him a swift email (save me phoning again) and ask him to at least give me a call with the figure once they have sorted through all the info they have recieved !

If you have found this post (or any other post) useful ensure you click on the scales in the top right of that post to give credit where credit is due.:D

DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE AND WANT TO PROVIDE A VALUABLE LINK TO THIS FORUM ? Go to this thread:-http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=52854

As ever, with (I believe most if not) all advice given on this website, I am not qualified to give any advice and you are duly warned that any decisions are your own decisions made on your own account and no liability will be accepted for any advice followed ! Use your own judgment.

Seek advice of a qualified, insured, professional if you have any doubts.

Hello Dinghy mate !

These wasters know that almost all of these requests are coming via this website. They are definately logging on from home, I am sure of it !

I see no harm in calling to get the amount of charges confirmed, you may even be able to get it sorted over the phone with them. If not, it just detracts them away from something else they could be doing with the time you are on the phone. God knows they have wasted enough of my time on hold over the years, so us doing it to them is justified !

Hey SS how you doing...

Not posted yet this morning as was waiting to see what arrived in the post... drum roll.... Absolutely nothing ! Although in fairness he did say it was going out in last nights post...

So dropped email to Gareth asking him to give me a call (better than me paying for phone call !) and let me know what the figure was and the gist of the letter was...

Long story short... Total of £495 (Bit disapointed really!) but will be checking figures when they turn up...

Gareth had to get copy of letter I sent (fantastic he hadn't actually read it !) to Stuart and on the spot offered me £200 with all the usual MBNA don't agree with OFT, no admission of liability, don't want costs of going to court etc etc etc

To which I laughed ! SM_z7shysterical.gif

He then said I take it you won't be accepting that (I paraphrase to some extent) at which point I said I understood it that this needed to be challenged in the courts at some point and whilst I don't particularly want to go to court if that's what it would take to get the whole amount...

He almost immediately offered full £495 which would be in post in the next 7-10 days...

Thats full settlements on 2 different accounts on consecutive days !

SM_teamwin4zk.gif

Once this money starts actually hitting my account that's another hefty donation coming to the site ! SM_yupi3ti.gif

If you have found this post (or any other post) useful ensure you click on the scales in the top right of that post to give credit where credit is due.:D

DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE AND WANT TO PROVIDE A VALUABLE LINK TO THIS FORUM ? Go to this thread:-http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=52854

As ever, with (I believe most if not) all advice given on this website, I am not qualified to give any advice and you are duly warned that any decisions are your own decisions made on your own account and no liability will be accepted for any advice followed ! Use your own judgment.

PS Little wave to Gareth if he's watching...

adios.gif

Thanks

And a big thank you to SS for his help....

bowdown.gif

SM_banana.gifSM_banana.gifSM_banana.gifSM_banana.gifSM_banana.gif

Boy do I feel special !

well done matey, they just roll over like little lap dogs this bunch. I cannot wait until after lunch on 7th June when I can issue my court summons. I will post the summons in whole on my thread for you !

I like the way you are saying hello to the boys at MBNA, I'm sure they know who we are !

Well done matey ! :oops:

TBH I was a little surprised when he immediately offered full amount... I thought they would at least play the game with a couple more letters before they capitulated !

beer.gif

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks