Dealing with Cabot 101/Cabot threads.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thought I'd add my tuppenceworth to the post made by haribo88.

Just who the hell do you think you are!

I didn't choose to get into debt. I became ill in 97 and then got made redundant. I was paying my debts ok before that and up until 2003 was just managing to keep my head above water. A further complication to my health has made it impossible to go back to work. This was followed by mental health problems alongside homelessness. It has took me until last year to get a permanent home and I am obviously on benefits but that doesn't stop people like Cabot (and lowells) chasing me to pay more than I can afford.

I have no problem paying off what I owe BUT at a rate that doesn't leave me destitute. I do have other bills that you may not think are important, food for instance and attempting to keep warm.

If you think you are better than anyone else on this forum I suggest you troll off and get a personality transplant.

There, rant over.

fox:D

• Haha 1

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Haribo088 may be looking for a new job soon! Citigroup (owners of Cabot I understand?) are in severe financial trouble.

Citigroup seeks emergency cash - BBC NEWS | Business | Citigroup seeks 'emergency cash'

Newborn

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

If Cabot tried to take your house as they are prone to doing or frightening the living daylights out of people as they are also prone to doing because they thought they had a right, do you think they'd care about paperwork if they could get away with it? - NO. didn't think so, nor would any bank and you'd just sit back no doubt saying " okay, help yourself, I don't mind that you don't have any legal right to have it, but take it all the same cos your my friend" would you? Don't, with all due respect, be a twit! It is written into UK legislation under such Acts as the CCA if you know what that is, and passed through a democratic Parliament that activities by companies like Cabot have to abide by certain rules before they can come gunning for people in a gung - ho manner. We just ask them to produce things the way they should before exercising any rights they have UNDER THE LAW. Then we'll all go away. You are making the mistake so many Credit people do, you think everybody who frequents forum like this do so to avoid paying and that's where you guys get it all so wrong because if you go back to many of my earlier posts going way back into 2006 when this forum began the only thing I and thousands like me have said is that we want the credit industry to abide by the laws they have ignored for so many years and you coming on and harping on like this is proof positive that we have achieved that. Why? because contemptuous twits have come and gone once they realise we are not a bunch of rogues we just want your grubby little industry cleaned up. Okay?

I am not going to feed the troll.... bye!

Oh, and give Ken our love from the Cabot Fan Club

Sarah

Well said Andrew

Thought I'd add my tuppenceworth to the post made by haribo88.

Just who the hell do you think you are!

I didn't choose to get into debt. I became ill in 97 and then got made redundant. I was paying my debts ok before that and up until 2003 was just managing to keep my head above water. A further complication to my health has made it impossible to go back to work. This was followed by mental health problems alongside homelessness. It has took me until last year to get a permanent home and I am obviously on benefits but that doesn't stop people like Cabot (and lowells) chasing me to pay more than I can afford.

I have no problem paying off what I owe BUT at a rate that doesn't leave me destitute. I do have other bills that you may not think are important, food for instance and attempting to keep warm.

If you think you are better than anyone else on this forum I suggest you troll off and get a personality transplant.

There, rant over.

fox:D

Good on you SF, I had a accident in 2003 and was off work for a year ( other driver was drunk) and being off sick does not pay the bills.

WHO does Haribo work for I wonder, if he is a TROL then he would not know what work is!!!

THE QUESTION OF WHY CABOT OPERATE OUT OF IRELAND

the question of why cabot operate out of ireland has been ASKED MANY TIMES

BUT

at this moment in time before Gordon Brown does his "whatevers today"

the tax rates for large businesses (no definition )

are

SPAIN 37%

USA 35%

GERMANY 29%

IRELAND 12.5%

GREAT BRITAIN 28%

FRANCE 33%

so since most of ireland speaks english :lol: ????

& bearing in mind the first law of accountancy

which is when you ask an accountant the question "what is one plus one"

and he replies "what do you want it to equal?":grin:

draw your own conclusions

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

Hi all

My dealings with CABOT are as follows, they wrote to me on 30th July 2007 of their recent purchase of an account I held with CitiFinancial and asked that I contact them.

I replied on 6th August 2007 stating that as far as I am aware I have never held a account with Citi and I asked that they send me a copy of the original agreement.

Received a reply from them 14th August 2007 saying that they had contacted Citi and that they hope to resolve the matter swiftly and that they anticipated a reply within 21 days but that it could take up to 8 weeks and they requested my understanding in this matter.

No further contact from them till 6th November 2008 (yes 2008) they regret that they had been unable to obtain the information (copy of agreement) to assist in resolving my query, they go on to say that they are dependant on the original lender to provide the information and they regret that they are unable to do so.

As a gesture of goodwill they are prepared to accept £1191.15 in full and final settlement if they get it by 30th November 2008. (The above figure is nearly half of what they say I owe)

I have not replied nor am I sending any monies, from what I have read in other posts and threads they seem to do this kind of thing a lot.

Has anyone further view on this subject and also are CitiFinancial anything to do with CABOT? I know they are part of Citibank, CF that is.

Mick

What a wonderful gesture of goodwill by Crapbot Farcical!

They are prepared to accept a donation of only £1191.15 on the debt you don't have, on the account you never owned. With generosity like this, there is no need to look any further for candidates to play Santa Claus.

I will, however, trump their ace. Silvermick, I have just written out (in crayon) a bill for you for £3million. This is my charge for the time I have spent reading your post.

As a gesture of even greater goodwill, I am prepared to settle for only one third of the non-existent alleged debt, and if you send me a cheque for £1million by last Thursday, I will write off the rest of the balance.

("Until I sell it on to the next bunch of bottom feeders, but don't tell HIM that!")

If you want to see a letter I created for "accepting" these "full and final settlements", go here -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/104668-cabot-windywoo-4.html#post1813490

As for your own fun and games with Crapbot, start your own thread in the main forum, and you will get plenty of help and support in seeing them off. Go here -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/

and then use the button in the bottom left corner.

SH

What a wonderful gesture of goodwill by Crapbot Farcical!

They are prepared to accept a donation of only £1191.15 on the debt you don't have, on the account you never owned. With generosity like this, there is no need to look any further for candidates to play Santa Claus.

I will, however, trump their ace. Silvermick, I have just written out (in crayon) a bill for you for £3million. This is my charge for the time I have spent reading your post.

As a gesture of even greater goodwill, I am prepared to settle for only one third of the non-existent alleged debt, and if you send me a cheque for £1million by last Thursday, I will write off the rest of the balance.

("Until I sell it on to the next bunch of bottom feeders, but don't tell HIM that!")

If you want to see a letter I created for "accepting" these "full and final settlements", go here -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/104668-cabot-windywoo-4.html#post1813490

As for your own fun and games with Crapbot, start your own thread in the main forum, and you will get plenty of help and support in seeing them off. Go here -

and then use the button in the bottom left corner.

SH

Hi SH

Thanks for that, and I will send you your reduced fee of a third but it will have to be 1 million laughts, hope that is OK with you.

CABOT :-x will get nowt but I will have a laugh :lol:.

Have a good day mate

Mick

Can someone advise me if you can go ahead with the CCA letter after a failed attempt at an IVA. Baines and Ernst, and Blair Endersby are to be avoided as they add to your outstanding ammount of debt charging in my case £4000 for setting up the IVA. Hence I could not keep the IVA payments going and it failed returning me to the start position of all my debts still outstanding hence Cabot are now chasing me. Please help.

Can someone advise me if you can go ahead with the CCA letter after a failed attempt at an IVA. Baines and Ernst, and Blair Endersby are to be avoided as they add to your outstanding ammount of debt charging in my case £4000 for setting up the IVA. Hence I could not keep the IVA payments going and it failed returning me to the start position of all my debts still outstanding hence Cabot are now chasing me. Please help.

Hello and welcome to the CAG.

Can you please start your own thread on this, as it will attract far more attention than a post on this old thread which very people read.

Go here -

and use the button in the bottom left hand corner.

SH

hello all

just been reading the posts in here and i would like to say that i loved reading them lol

i see haribo88 hasnt come in to say anthing mmmmmmm

well to all for your replies no i going to get on with mine no update as cabot still phoneing i just had another call11-05am so woth the anger in me for all there phone calls i said look this is in dispute i have never had replies from them etc he said mrs xxxxxx i will have to ask security Qs then he hung up on me

ggggrrrrrr

thats the latest up date

thanks tg

hello all

just been reading the posts in here and i would like to say that i loved reading them lol

i see haribo88 hasnt come in to say anthing mmmmmmm

well to all for your replies no i going to get on with mine no update as cabot still phoneing i just had another call11-05am so woth the anger in me for all there phone calls i said look this is in dispute i have never had replies from them etc he said mrs xxxxxx i will have to ask security Qs then he hung up on me

ggggrrrrrr

thats the latest up date

thanks tg

Next time they call, tell them you will require everything in writing from here on in as is your right under the Telecommunication Act 2003 and the Administration of Justice Act - take no *** from them, tell them, put it in writing if you have to , but make sure they get the message and update their systems - if the person you speak to does not understand get them to get a supervisor or manager and keep going up the pecking order until you find someone who does..you DO NOT have to put up with this so don't let them.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
Here's a thought, now call me crazy but why dont you for a change just pay your debts!! instead of trying to find way of stalling and getting out of paying them. After all you have got the credit and spent it, you wouldnt borrow money of a freind then not pay them back but still expect them to be nice to you and still be your friends would you?? ...... no didnt think so, so why dont you have a think next time before you try and steal more money from the goverment!! :lol:

I would never dream of not paying money back to a 'freind'. Although I am unsure of what one of those is.

You see, there is the problem with DCA's and their employees. I would never dream of paying money to someone who has such a slender grasp upon the English language.

Which DCA should we bring down first?

Answers on a postcard :D

I would never dream of not paying money back to a 'freind'. Although I am unsure of what one of those is.

You see, there is the problem with DCA's and their employees. I would never dream of paying money to someone who has such a slender grasp upon the English language.

Friend

I was pointing out the spelling mistake in the post by Haribo.

D'you know, I've been up since 1.15am coughing myself silly, cold running through my head like a tap, it's been a crap day and here I am picking up someone on a knee jerk reaction which I knew when I typed it up I shouldn't have done - so my friend you have my most sincere apologies for it is I who is actually being the twit at the end of this and I unreservedly retract what I posted and apologise.

I should have known better. I was just trying to get some comfort from the forum during this miserable cold and flu infested land just now...and posted. I can always get a bit of comfort in turning a screw on Cabot...

I'll head for the bed and keep my own counsel. ;)

Sarah

Edited by andrew1

D'you know, I've been up since 1.15am coughing myself silly, cold running through my head like a tap, it's been a crap day and here I am picking up someone on a knee jerk reaction which I knew when I typed it up I shouldn't have done - so my friend you have my most sincere apologies for it is I who is actually being the twit at the end of this and I unreservedly retract what I posted and apologise.

I should have known better. I was just trying to get some comfort from the forum during this miserable cold and flu infested land just now...and posted. I can always get a bit of comfort in turning a screw on Cabot...

I'll head for the bed and keep my own counsel. ;)

Sarah

No problems at all :D. You can always tell when somebody from a DCA posts though, riddled with bad spelling, mostly text speak and an incomprehensible use of grammar! Lol!!

You gotta feel sorry for the uneducated twerps though!

Hope your cold gets better soon, I had mine for bloody weeks it wouldn't shift :( :(

Rich x

Which DCA should we bring down first?

Answers on a postcard :D

No problems at all :D. You can always tell when somebody from a DCA posts though, riddled with bad spelling, mostly text speak and an incomprehensible use of grammar! Lol!!

You gotta feel sorry for the uneducated twerps though!

Hope your cold gets better soon, I had mine for bloody weeks it wouldn't shift :( :(

Rich x

What a sport :D - I couldn't handle having my head chewed off as well today...just wouldn't cope! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if anybody can find some information. I read in one of the Cabot threads recently, But as there are so many I cant find it now.

It concerns Robinson Way. I am lead to believe that Robinson Way are not registered as a Data Controller.

Therefore as i see it anybody passing information to them , such as Cabot are in breach of the Data Protection Act. I would love to find that thread again. Spent the past two hours looking to no avail.

Somebody must have seen it. Please help.

Regards Blencathra

• 4 weeks later...
Here's a thought, now call me crazy but why dont you for a change just pay your debts!! instead of trying to find way of stalling and getting out of paying them. After all you have got the credit and spent it, you wouldnt borrow money of a freind then not pay them back but still expect them to be nice to you and still be your friends would you?? ...... no didnt think so, so why dont you have a think next time before you try and steal more money from the goverment!! :lol:

Just reading through this thread for the first time so have not read it in its' entirety, but the above made me think 'BEWARE OF WHAT YOU SAY - IT MIGHT COME BACK AND BITE YOU ON THE BUM'

Just a thought, why don't I win the lottery, and pay all my debts off...meanwhile my roof is leaking, and I have no heating

That sounds like a cry from the heart!

Last I heard, winning the lottery you have about a 1 in 14 million chance of winning so hang onto your quid..as for the roof and the heating, try your council for a grant - seriously. It's coming near the end of their tax year too so a good time for them to shed any spare cash they still have as if they don't spend it they lose that amount from their budget next year. Also you can get a variety of Grants via their 'Home Improvement Grant' facility and you can be any kind of home dweller, Private property or otherwise. There are what our council call " Handyman Grants' which, if you have no money yourself you can get as one of my friends did, a new boiler, water tank, repairs to heating system. If you get Council tax benefits or any other kind of benefits, are retired, have disabled people in the house or babies that too will assist in applying. 'Warmfront' also provide grants, but I think they are under some kind investigation just now for allegedly charging the councils too much so a direct call to your council to ask if there's a facility to fix your roof or heating might surprise you, private tenant or not.

Good luck and don't despair - there's always a way. :wink:

Can anyone help with this please? I have done my best to date with the information on this site (which is fantastic by the way!) but we are now stuck and dont know what to do. My dad has received a demand from cabot for payment of a debt to their client Momument/Barclaycard. I have outlined progress to date but am stuck as to what to do next.

15 Jan 2007 - Ruthbridge on behalf of their client cabot financial europe demand ovedue payment in full of £552.11

17 Jan 2007 - letter sent from my dad stating no acknowledgement of cabot or the debt to them etc and asking for a copy of signed agreement, full statement of account etc + £1 postal order.

22 Aug 2008 - visually threatening red letter received from chris fox at mackenzie hall demanding payment for a debt to their client cabot financial europe ltd.they demand payment of £578.74 by 29 august 2008.

28 Aug 2008 - my dad sends same letter as before to mackenzie stating no acknowledgement of debt and requesting above documents.

6 Nov 2008 - letter received from emma robertson at cabot financial europe saying cabot has not been able to provide requested information within relevent time period because original lender could not locate the relevant data from their archives. they state we can request the data from original lender.. cabot will hold any action on the account until further notice. They state they will continue to request the data fromt he lender.

26 Feb 2009 - letter received from emma robertson at cabot financial europe ltd with a number of copied documents:

1. a photocopy of a signed agreement between Providian National Bank and a signature that looks like my dads - dated 10 march 2000

2. a photocopy of terms for a Monument Visa Card

3. a template letter (personal details not included) dated 26 feb 2009 from peter anderson with penciled writing at top stating 'representation of letter sent on 3rd october 2002 (my dad never received this) - this also had accompanying info on a company called Kings Hil?!;

4. there was also a print out which i think is meant to be statement. it starts on 24.9.02 at £337.58 and ends on 18.2.09 at £597.96.

Their cover letter states they have completed their obligations and are entitled to resume collections of the debt which is now £597.96. they ask if theres anything we need clarified to contact them. we havent and dont know what do to next.

My dad did have a card many years ago and says he did agree a final payment with them then. he heard nothing more until 15 jan 2007 and couldnt understand why they were chasing a payment for a debt he felt was cleared. unfortunately he has no documentation relating to this and he really cant afford to pay this (and the extortionate interest) as he is retired and on a very low income.

Can anyone advise what we can do? Can Cabot really enforce this?:confused:

thanking you in advance.