Does DPA cover Limited Companies?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am looking at submitting a claim on behalf of my business - which is a limited company. Can I get my charges etc listed under the DPA for a £10 fee in the same way that an individual can?

TIA

The DPA covers ANYONE... literally ANYONE who holds personal data for a certain number of people on a relevant filing system. Anyone who holds data for more than (x - not sure what the threshold is) people MUST register with the ICO as a Data Holder (or similar phrase) and MUST respond to Subject Access Requests.

However the DPA does not refer to data held ABOUT a company... only to data held about individuals. If you're a company then you MUST by law hold on to your financial records for 6 years ANYWAY; so therefore you must have all your bank statements somewhere. The DPA request is therefore less necessary. The information regarding Manual Intervention may be possible to obtain under other legislation, but I'm not sure.

The details will be in the act - the "Limited" in a company's name relates to their financial liability and taxation status; it has nothing whatever to do with Data Protection.

Hi there, that's what I suspected. With regard to the statements, my bank just put 'total charges' on the statement and break it down in an acompanying letter - of course some of those charges are legal - 35p to pay in a cheque etc - and some are penalties.

Thanks for the response though, it is appreciated.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks