jeffmac V ltsb

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

helo everyone, jeffmac using this forum for the first time.my first question is as a result alot of factors including bank charges from lloyds/tsb i was made bankrupt last year so lost my bank account. would i still be in a position to reclaim the charges that the bank levied at meicon5.gif

Welcome jeffmac!

I'm not sufficiently experienced to answer your initial question, but you may find the answers you need as you read more deeply amongst the information, FAQ's, and subject postings around this site and in the Lloyds/tsb forum. This is the usual initial advice ... to develop familiarity with the whole process and how others have dealt with various circumstances, before launching into any particular action.

My personal thought at this stage is that any unlawful charges can be rightfully claimed back, and if these have been the cause of your unfortunate position, or are contributory to it, then you may well have a pretty strong case for making a claim. However, there may also be other legalities involved because of your position, and any other complexities in your personal circumstances, that could need specific assistance of a suitably qualified legal advisor .......

So ... spend some time researching on this site, post as well in Lloyds/tsb forum, and it shouldn't be too long before a moderator or administrator, or other experienced contributor gets back to you with something more concrete.

Sorry this is the best I can do for you at this stage ... but I couldn't just let your posting go unanswered after looking at it.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on!

Outacash ...

Hi Jeffmac

Came across your posting cos I was searching for mention of bankruptcy. My brother went bankrupt a few years ago and I was wondering if he could claim the charges back from those last bad couple of years before he called it a day. If someone gets back to you with an answer or you find the answer yourself I'd be really grateful if you could let me know. It'd be great for my brother but I don't want to raise his hopes for nothing.

Good luck and thanks.

i say this:

regardless of bankruptcy position now, you were unlawfully charged prior to this.

Yes?

If so welcome to our boat, i see no reason why not.

depending on the terms of your bankruptcy however you may have to declare whatever u get back. but i really wouldnt know

Just my thoughts but i would go for it anyway, take plenty of time reading all tha FAQS and other threads relating to your bank etc

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

• 3 months later...
:confused: hello gang, i'v been away for a while and for what ever reason i can't get my head around what to do or were to go , i just seem to be going around in circles(god help me when i have to tackle the dreaded ltsb). to start things rolling do i have to buy the small claims pack off the site or do i just download it as a pdf file. also while i'm here can i still ask the bank for all my back statements as i am no longer a customer,would that be the right word, no i think sucker would better describe. i think i just need someone to put me in the right direction a swift kick up the backside and away i go on my way to get my long lost mony. oh one last thing for now is there any time scale for claiming, look forward to hereing from anyone, thank's in advance.
:confused: hello gang, i'v been away for a while and for what ever reason i can't get my head around what to do or were to go , i just seem to be going around in circles(god help me when i have to tackle the dreaded ltsb). to start things rolling do i have to buy the small claims pack off the site or do i just download it as a pdf file. also while i'm here can i still ask the bank for all my back statements as i am no longer a customer,would that be the right word, no i think sucker would better describe. i think i just need someone to put me in the right direction a swift kick up the backside and away i go on my way to get my long lost mony. oh one last thing for now is there any time scale for claiming, look forward to hereing from anyone, thank's in advance.

Hi ok dont panic, you dont have to buy th e small claims pack but it will help you. The best advice is to read the faqs and thread sin your bank forum, This will guide you through the whole process. You can still ask for your statements even though your account is closed. There is a set timescale regarding the lettes you send however there is no timescale as to when the bank will settle.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Hello Jeffmac.

Firstly the small claims pack isnt a necessity. Although most would advise to buy. The help and guidance given on this site is compeling to say the least. Ive been reading up since joining in July and still read up on all the threads and questions that other people ask that are helping me along the way. I cannot really answer your question reference to a closed account but I would assume so still under the data protection act can you demand your statements in setting you off in reclaiming your charges. Get reading on the step by step instructions found on link below http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html.

Good luck and Im sure you will get the guidance you need here on CAG.

• 2 months later...

although i'v not been a constant user of this site when i have logged on i'v read an awlful amount of threads and posts and have took great pleasure reading about other peoples victories :D over these faceless nonentities.and it is this that has given me the strength to now take the plunge and start my own quest, just a few points before i do. can i pay for the back statements with a postal order because i am no longer with lloyds/tsb and just have a basic account with nationwide and also when i start my claim against the bank the account i had there was a joint account, do i/we have to claim as a couple or can i go through the process in my name only

Hi jeffmac and welcome, and yes a postal order is fine but as its a joint account you need both to claim, and as i am the same i can offer some advise which may be usefull to you. When you respond esp at court stage you cant just say mr & mrs smith or mr g and mrs j smith you have to do it like mr graham smith and mrs janet smith on all correspondance keep it the same, i had to redo court papers which meant a 4 week delay, hope this makes sence, good luck

• Confused 1
:confused: :confused: :confused: i know i'v sort of asked this question before and you all must think i'm really thick but can i print off the template letters and fill in the blanks,name,account No etc or do i have to go about it another way. just want to get the process on the way:( thanks

Hi,

If you copy and paste the template letters into a programme like MS Word then you can put in your personal details etc. and then print it off.

Good luck. Lucid :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's alright. It's much better to ask questions when you're not sure than to rush ahead and make mistakes.

Lucid :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i am going to post my request to LTSB for my bank statments tomorrow. the thing i'm not to sure about is do i have to give the site moderator a blow by blow account of my progress or will he just read the thread as and when posted.

I take it you are using the SAR template letter from this site.

Take your time read here and other peoples threads:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Just post your progress and any questions you have. No need for a 'blow by blow account'. Look at other threads for an idea.

When answering your questions then background will be available so that higher quality advice can be given.

Moderators do not read each post - they have enough to do.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

i'll consider myself taken to task on this issue then, just want to get it right first time and save time. it may look and sound stupid to your self but there are a lot of us out here who are not quite as confident as you are and need a little guidence, maybe even being led by the hand every step of the way. thanks

Hi

I think you have taken Guido's post the wrong way, no offence was meant by it at all.

Anyway, we are all here to help, and if you have any questions just ask. It is far better to ask the questions then make a big mistake.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Hi jeffmac - Apologies, I was not having a dig, perhaps just a little direct.

We will hold your hand through it - even if you are a man.

Thanks Barty for explaining for me.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

• 1 month later...

just received a shed load of statments from lloyds/tsb, and surprise surprise right on the dead line. as well as these i also received a pile of A4 paper with a list of letters sent out from the bank and also when i had any meetings with them ect. is this normal i'v not heard of anyone else getting these,if so do i need to do anything about them.

I am now in the process of sending off my letter for request for repayment charges, when it states that i am including a schedule of charges would that be a case of writting down all the dates that these charges were incurred on the account

when it states that i am including a schedule of charges would that be a case of writting down all the dates that these charges were incurred on the account

Use the Simple S/S here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

See here for a visual guide:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/7226-maisielou-barclays.html#post50088

Overwrite the existing examples type of charge, amount and date.

The days since and 8% will be calculated automatically

Save it (for use later at court), then delete/hide the last 2 columns (8% bits) and print out as your schedule of charges.

• Haha 1