cag virgin here!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have just joined the site as I am sick of the way that Nationwide have made my family suffer with the illegal charges.

They left me with no money to pay for my husbands prescriptions so that he ended up in hospital

Forced me to cancel a holiday as they took £120 of charges in one go

Made me miss payments on council tax as they took half the money in charges.

Altogether I estimate the charges to be £1100. I have today sent off the DPA letter and will count down the 40 days from today!!

Just a few quick questions first though

They have refused to close my accounts as they are in unauthorised od. (when I stopped using the accounts both balances were £0) what I am worried about is, can I ask them to cancel out the charges on the accounts even though I have not actually paid these ones? I have paid about £1100 but both accounts are showing as an extra £500 in the red for charges that I refused to pay!!

They have registered a default on my credit file, if I got my money back could I get this removed as the default was for non payment of their illegal charges? I don't see how they can default me for something that is illegal on their part.

Any help gladly received

hiya charmaine and welcome to cag, please be sure to read the faqs and the guidance notes, this will give you a good understanding of how to reclaim your charges, people are very friendly and will answer any questions you have if they can. This is a self help site, but you will find plenty of support from other users, personally i would add the charges which are outstanding on your account to your claim (someone correct me if i'm wrong) and yes if you have a read at the template letters you will see that there is a letter which requests defaults on your credit file be removed. best of luck with your claim x

• Haha 1

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

Hi Lori

Thanks for the advice, should I really add the outstanding charges onto my claim as these ones are charges that I have not actually paid?

where is this scales tipping thing?

hiya charmaine..............i have checked with some other people and they to have said that yes you reclaim these charges as well........good luck.x

the scales are at the bottom,between the green dot and the warning sign:)

Hi Lori

Thanks for the advice, I will definately add those charges on as well, that will take my claim to about £2000 or just under.

Are you claiming against Nationwide too? If so, have you had any joy?

i am also claiming against NW at thr moment i am at the court stage(just waiting on their defence) so i am beginning to get nervous now! i have another claim with them too and this is at the LBA stage, dont worry you will get lots of help and support from the people here.x