Beckz -V- Abbey

beckz27
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

this is good news for you. if you attend and abbey dont it sounds from your letter like the judge will disregard abbeys defence. ring the court and clarify what type of hearing it is and what you need to submit. have you had any directions from the court other than this. it sounds like a prelim hearing en-masse.do attend whatever and best of luck.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had no other letter as yet, but was planning on calling the court tomorrow.

Getting scary now, incase i am one of the unlucky ones were Abbey turn up, and don't want to be unprepared or mess up anything.

Just called Linlithgow court,

It is a Small Claims Hearing for the judge to decide were to go from here should take roughly 5 to 10 minutes and is informal, although the woman on the phone recomends i take all the bank statements with me and any other evidence to support my claim, (may not be asked for it).

She said it is in a small room with the judge myself and Abbey.

Now just counting down the days till the 12th July and dreading my rather long journey for such a short hearing but thats life and if it looks better for me turning up i would rather go than jepordise everything after coming so far.

Now just looking for some support :D as i have never been to court before.

Can someone please give me the e-mail address and maybe a copy of an e-mail that everyone else is using in order to try and settle before court.

I am due in court on the 12th July and would really rather try and settle before hand, just realised it is going to take me 8 hours there and back to drive to Liverpool county court for a 10 minute hearing and although i am prepared to go would rather not. (My physio just gave me crutches today due to the problems i am having with my pregnancy)

Just after some support and encouragemnet.

Getting a bit concerned i may have missed something as i have been reading over a few threads and noticed a lot of people getting GOGW or full settlement even though they have been at this less time than myself.

As of yet i have had nothing from Abbey except from defence last month sometime and i'm due to appear in court on the 12th July for 10 minutes, i have only been asked to supply and take bank statements and proof of the charges/dates/reasons.

Maybe i am just getting overly anxious about going to court but not sure what is going to happen.

PLEAS HELP :)

Just after some support and encouragemnet.

Getting a bit concerned i may have missed something as i have been reading over a few threads and noticed a lot of people getting GOGW or full settlement even though they have been at this less time than myself.

As of yet i have had nothing from Abbey except from defence last month sometime and i'm due to appear in court on the 12th July for 10 minutes, i have only been asked to supply and take bank statements and proof of the charges/dates/reasons.

Maybe i am just getting overly anxious about going to court but not sure what is going to happen.

PLEAS HELP :)

Hello Becks,

Sorry to hear that you are still waiting for your money, but it will come:-D

I felt the same, everybody seems to be getting offers and I was getting nothing, but I stopped looking for it. The cheque arrived.

My daughter was reclaiming back from Barclays and got her cheque the day before her court date. She did have to attend court, to tell them the bank had settled.:-D So you are nearly there.

I think the banks are now trying to settle before the court claim is issued, that is why a lot of people who have claimed after you have got their money. You are already in the court system, so I guess that they don't rush.

My daughter e-mailed barclays a week before the court date and gave them a chance to pay up before court. They did pay up willingly. So maybe contact someone at the Shabbey, its worth a try and show the court that you are trying to resolve it.

Good luck and keep your spirits up. It will happen:-D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi again

OK, I've got two names for you:

[email protected]

[email protected]

Try an email asking for full settlement, including your court fees and s.69 interest, on the basis that it is in the interest of both parties to avoid further costs to themselves, and the cost to the Court of going ahead with the hearing.

There have been a number of successful settlements this very week, who did exactly this, so go for it, but stick to your guns! Don't be fobbed off by their first offer - hold out for full settlement, or a lower figure that you would be happy to accept.

Very best wishes

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Just got news this morning that i have WON, yes i said WON.

In full charges, interest and court costs.

Money will be paid into my account.

WO HOO, i'm so pleased with myself that i have managed it and a BIG HUGE THANK YOU to all the people on this sight who helped me through it i couldn't have done it without the support of everyone here.

Just got news this morning that i have WON, yes i said WON.

In full charges, interest and court costs.

Money will be paid into my account.

WO HOO, i'm so pleased with myself that i have managed it and a BIG HUGE THANK YOU to all the people on this sight who helped me through it i couldn't have done it without the support of everyone here.

Hiya Becky,

What wonderful news, I am so pleased for you:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hiya Beckz

That really is fantastic news :D :D

So pleased for you - enjoy every penny!!!

Very best regards

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool: