HSBC database

tealady51
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not really sure where to ask this question as its not really got anything to do with recaliming anything, but it has to do with information that the banks have.

We are a partnership currently with two bank accounts and a credit card from HSBC.

When the partnership started there were two partners Mr A and Mr B, this was the case between 1991 and 1995. At this time the partnership banked with LLoyds.

In 1995 Mr B resigned and Miss X took his place - all very neatly and legally documented. In 1997 the partnership moved bankers to HSBC.

Out of the blue we have had two communications in the last month from HSBC addressed to the Partnership with the Names of Mr A and Mr B on them. How and why could this happen? HSBC never had Mr A and Mr B as the partners. As it happens the partnership is about to be dissolved for good and be integrated into the Ltd company that Mr A and Miss X are directors and shreholders in.

Still cannot understand how this could possibly have happened - and trying to talk to any one at our bank is impossible - our relationship manager is never available! and talking to the people at the call centre is like hitting head against a brickwall.

Any one care to guess at what has happened:confused:

They've probably taken a credit reference and updated their details to reflect the information they received - most probably.

As to contacting them, WRITE, pointing out the error and asking them to correct their records. That way, you can never be blamed for the problem, should it cause difficulties later.

We have looked at the credit rating thing and Mr B is not even mentioned on the business credit score, nor is he mentioned on either of the personal credit records. As I have indeed written to the HSBC bank in between my two postings I also in fact checked to see exactly when the the banks where changed - it was 2001 when we changed from Lloyds to HSBC by which time this gentleman had long been off the scene. And as HSBC is giving Mr A a hard time every time he uses the credit card, especially irritating when he is travelling, we are getting a bit jumpy as to what exactly is going on.

thanks though for the advice - always good to get another view

As you say, curious - but once you've discharged your duty to inform them of their error, the ball is in their court. It could even be something as mundane as a custimer database rebuild and the information (from and older or unrelated source) got swept in.

It could even be something as mundane as a custimer database rebuild and the information (from and older or unrelated source) got swept in

ah now that brings back a memory or two - wish I could remember who or what! too much work making brain a little slow

remembered - it was the Inland Revenue - they had a problem with their database and suddenly all work stuff started to arrive at home, the names got muddled up, my first name with some one elses surname - took months to get it right again - and then you do wonder how a super database with all our personal info is going to work for the ID system!!! It gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it. computers where supposed to make our lives easier:oops: :shock::!:

Would suggest making a full disclosure subject access request, asking for all notes and anything else relevant to the company/partnership. You can be honest with them, and say that you believe that the data they hold is erroneous, and that you wish to provide them with the correct data.

It might grate, but in this you will be doing both them and yourself a great service...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Would suggest making a full disclosure subject access request, asking for all notes and anything else relevant to the company/partnership. You can be honest with them, and say that you believe that the data they hold is erroneous, and that you wish to provide them with the correct data.

It might grate, but in this you will be doing both them and yourself a great service...

The DPA relates to personal data and as such cannot be used for business data - a subject access request would not work

The DPA relates to personal data and as such cannot be used for business data - a subject access request would not work
Ummm...ooops...you are right of course, I think it was the partnership thing that threw me...:???:

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Another reason why I'm against this ID card nonsense! However with the Conservatives promising to abandon it, and labour's lead slipping, it may not become an issue. In Scotland we have our Parliament elections in 2 mond, where Labour usually reign supreme. It'll be interesting to see what happens here!