mia_angel vs HSBC

mia_angel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi here's my update on how current timelines are working out:

I filed my AQ on the final date of 30th May, HSBC didn't even file by the courts extended deadline of 8 June. The court (Leicester) were only able to finally confirm this to me on the 12th June due to their backlogs with filing everyone's AQ's on the system. When I rang the court to find out next steps (ie would they issue an unless order etc) they said I wouldn't find out what the judge would decide to do for at least another two weeks due to their backlogs and admin turnaround times.

Is this what other peole are experiencing in terms of timelines?

HSBC are really benefitting from this and it's just stretching it out unnecessarily as most people are saying. I'll just be using the time to read up on the court bundle in preparation then to make sure it's spot-on.

-mia-:)

• Prelim bank charges reclaim letter posted special delivery Monday 26.02.07
  • Received by HSBC Tuesday 27.02.07
  • Send LBA (14 days completed) by special delivery on Monday 12.03.07
  • Received by HSBC Tuesday 13.03.07
  • HSBC (Prelim) acknowledgment letter received 15.03.07 (dated 08.03.07 sent 2nd class) looking into matters will contact you with a full response as soon as I have completed my investigations
  • Send MCOL (14 days completed) Monday 26.03.07
  • MCOL issued Tuesday 27.03.07
  • Sent 2 copies of charges breakdown to Northants County Court by special delivery Tues 27.03.07
  • MCOL date of service Sunday 01.04.07
  • HSBC Acknowledgment of Service of claim filed Thurs 29.03.07
  • Send 2 copies of charges breakdown to DG solicitors by special delivery Mon 03.04.07
  • HSBC deadline to enter a defence Sun 29.04.07
  • HSBC Defence entered on moneyclaimonline Wed 25.04.07
  • Notice of transfer of proceedings received from Northampton County Court Fri 05.05.07
  • 1st nudge letter sent to DG solicitors Thurs 10.05.07
  • Notice that a Defence has been filed and AQ to be completed by 30 May received from local court dated Thurs 10 May
  • AQ filed with draft order for directions and £100 fee at local county court Wed 30 May
  • Copy of AQ with draft order directions, nudge letter and breakdown of charges by special delivery to DG solicitors Wed 30 May
  • Extended deadline for HSBC to submit AQ Fri 08.06.07

mia, forget to pay the leccy or what - my glasses can't read that small!

yes, unfortunately lots are having probs with the courts - they are just so backed up. hopefully you'll get one of those clued up judges who will say - show your stuff by xx date or out it goes -

just put your directions up here when they come.

Morning Latty, sorry that was a technical hitch late last night I clicked on quick response by mistake and then it wouldn't let me adjust the font size, hopefully this is more soothing!

I will definitely get back on here with the judges directions which should hopefully be by early next week...

• HSBC (Prelim) acknowledgment letter received 15.03.07 (dated 08.03.07 sent 2nd class) looking into matters will contact you with a full response as soon as I have completed my investigations
  • Sent 2 copies of charges breakdown to Northants County Court by special delivery Tues 27.03.07
  • Send 2 copies of charges breakdown to DG solicitors by special delivery Mon 03.04.07
  • Notice of transfer of proceedings received from Northampton County Court Fri 05.05.07
  • Notice that a Defence has been filed and AQ to be completed by 30 May received from local court dated Thurs 10 May
  • AQ filed with draft order for directions and £100 fee at local county court Wed 30 May
  • Copy of AQ with draft order directions, nudge letter and breakdown of charges by special delivery to DG solicitors Wed 30 May

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, this took some time! - my AQ deadline for submitting was 30 May, then Leic County Court gave HSBC an extended deadline of 8 June which they missed (I rang court every few days to find out next stage but they said they had an admin backlog) so the directions from the court only finally arrived today:

Upon considering the papers in this case and the allocation questionnaire filed by the Claimant

it is ordered that unless by 4pm on the 17th July 2007 the Defendent do file their completed questionnaire, the defence is struck out

Then there's something much further down the form that says (and is dated 28 June?):

If you are not legally represented and need legal advice, you should contact Community Legal Service Direct on 0845 345 4 345 or visit their website at Community Legal Service Direct.

what do I need to do, anything? final nudge tye thing to Hsbc or leave well alone and what are the likely outcomes now any thoughts?

• Unless Order issued on 9 July to HSBC to file their AQ to County Court with deadline 17.07.07

Not a thing Mia, if DG dont comply in the next 7 days you have won :D

Might take a few days to sort out whats going on though with the mess they have at Leicester at the moment :rolleyes:

pete

Hi Pete! Good to hear from you

Does anyone know if it's likely HSBC will actually finally submit their AQ now they've had this ultimatum? I'd just like to mentally prepare myself and not kid myself I'm closer to victory than I actually am! lol

And if HSBC don't submit their AQ on the 17th what steps do I take?

The way the courts been running, I'm afraid I'll be in an agony of not knowing for days as the court won't be able to confirm it because of their backlogs in putting stuff on the system. Which is how it's been so far...

:) -mia-

They have been known to submit AQ's but often dont, unfortunatly Leicester CC seems to be suffering more than most with the backlog so brace yourself for the agony :(

pete

Hi guys, feeling a bit unsure here - Finally 6weeks after I submitted my AQ (for the deadline of 30 May) DG's final deadline from the court is tommorrow (17th July) at 4pm as per notice from the court below:

Upon considering the papers in this case and the allocation questionnaire filed by the Claimant it is ordered that unless by 4pm on the 17th July 2007 the Defendent do file their completed questionnaire, the defence is struck out.

If by some miracle DG still haven't submitted and it is struck out - I'm still not clear what action I can/should take, or do I call the court to advise me of the next steps?

(At the very least if DG do unfortunately file the AQ can I hope the court is precise and sticks to the exact deadline? - not giving them any more leeway for getting the AQ in just because of their backlogs in actually putting paperwork on the system?)

-mia- :)

this is a court order - they miss this one - i don't think they'll get another chance - you'll go for the strike out - but you probably will still hear from dg with an offer - let's see what happens today - you ring tomorrow morning to see if they got it in - then ask how to proceed - i think the judge will be on it.

...6weeks after I submitted my AQ for the deadline of 30 May, DG's final deadline from the court is tommorrow (17th July) at 4pm as per notice from the court below:

Upon considering the papers in this case and the allocation questionnaire filed by the Claimant it is ordered that unless by 4pm on the 17th July 2007 the Defendent do file their completed questionnaire, the defence is struck out.

:( Disappointingly... DG finally submitted their AQ by final deadline of 4pm yesterday, the court told me that they FAXED it over at 11am.

The court person I spoke to couldn't tell me what was likely to happen next because of the backlogs at Leicester, so I'll keep ringing every couple of days.

Does this mean that as the court ended up giving DG a full 6wks longer to submit their AQ and I may now end up getting a hearing date next (is that the possibility?) - that the courts AQ process and backlogs, in my case has just delayed everything for 6weeks to the benefit of DG and the detriment of getting me nearer a resolution or have I missed the point?

Should I have been sent a copy of DG's AQ? and is there anything else I should be doing with the court or DG?

-mia-

Just a quick question as I while away the days waiting for Leicester Court to deal with their backlogs :rolleyes: (it's been 10 days since DG finally sent in their AQ and court tells me it could be up to another 10 days before the documents get sent up to the judge):

I haven't been sent a copy of DG's AQ, and it's 10 days since they faxed it to the court. Does it matter? Will I just get a copy with the courts paperwork when the judge decides on a court date etc?