C&D v Barclays

C&D
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I am currently helping my friends brother with his bank claim against Barclays. The SAR letter was sent to Barclays on Saturday so they will receive it tomorrow and have until 20th April to send the statements. i will keep this thread up to date..

C :)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]C [COLOR=black]& [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]D :) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC[/B][COLOR=#000000]- Full settlement received & spent! £1,477.93 :-) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT] [COLOR=mediumturquoise][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC claim 2![/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - Full settlement offer received 27/06 - £1,116 :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]A&L[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (for my Nan) - full settlement received on day of prelim hearing - approx £1500 :-)[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Halifax[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - full settlement received 30/06 - £2576! :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Barclays[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - Court forms were due to be submitted but he wants to wait for results of the court case with OFT[/COLOR][/FONT] [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#000000][B][COLOR=mediumturquoise]A&L[/COLOR][/B] - (for a friend) - court forms submitted - claim 'stayed' due to OFT case[/COLOR][/FONT]

Nice one C, look forward to hearing how this one progresses, even though the outcome is predictable :)

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...

Hello.

The 40 days for the statements to arrive were up yesterday but nothing has arrived... any ideas on what I should do next? The bank did write before and stated that they had received the request and that the statements would be sent within the time frame. They also sent the cheque back saying there was no charge (result!).

Thanks

C

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]C [COLOR=black]& [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]D :) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC[/B][COLOR=#000000]- Full settlement received & spent! £1,477.93 :-) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT] [COLOR=mediumturquoise][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC claim 2![/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - Full settlement offer received 27/06 - £1,116 :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]A&L[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (for my Nan) - full settlement received on day of prelim hearing - approx £1500 :-)[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Halifax[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - full settlement received 30/06 - £2576! :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Barclays[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - Court forms were due to be submitted but he wants to wait for results of the court case with OFT[/COLOR][/FONT] [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#000000][B][COLOR=mediumturquoise]A&L[/COLOR][/B] - (for a friend) - court forms submitted - claim 'stayed' due to OFT case[/COLOR][/FONT]

Hi dar3n.

Good idea, I guess there were bank holidays too so that may delay the process.. I will give them until I gt back from hol on 4th May.

Thanks for coming back so quickly..

C

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

An update: Still no statements from Barclays so a non compliance letter will be sent over the weekend... tut tut Barclays!

C

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

My friends bro still hasnt received his statements and the non compliance letter was sent around 18th May.. Does anyone know what I should do next please?

Thanks.

Commence a county court claim in the same way as you would for money - however, in the particulars of claim you need to specify that you require the bank to provide the information as outlined in the original Data Protection Act request.

You will find a suggested text for the Particulars of Claim elsewhere in the Bank Template Library.

_________________________ __________

It would seem likely that they will defend the action, but as with the claims for refunds it will probably not be worth their while going to court, and it should open the way for a dialogue.

Should they try to defend, or allow judgement to be entered by default, it could have far reaching consequences - since it would put them in danger of having to reveal information that they have hitherto wanted to keep well concealed. It would also make it very difficult for the various regulatory authorities to allow the banks to keep stonewalling claims.

I would add that a District Judge tends to be very hard on a party to an action, when they have been deliberately obstructive.

taken from:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hi dar£n

Thank you for your advise. Typically, the statements arrived today!

C

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I have looked through the statements and what a mess they are, some are landscape and some portrait style and all different text fonts etc! Anyway, I have only been able to find £100 in charges of which he wont be able to claim back £40 of it as it was over 6 years ago now...

Did anyone else have trouble with their statements or are the charges maybe put down as something else? (there are account fees of £7.50 - £12 per month but he says he agreed to pay this for the overdraft so we cant claim them back)

Any ideas?

C

How far outside the 6 years ..... I have put every charge that were on the statements that they sent me ... the account fees are for the additions account and as he agreed to them he cant claim them back

Have you looked for

UNAUTH O/D

UNPAIDS OUT

REFERRAL FEE

Ok.. I found all the charges - they were mainly under 'paid referral' as suspected.. the total is....

£1,645!! (up to February 07 so need to check whether there have been any since).

C

Hello

I've already done that (it added it up for me lol).. I have claimed (and won) my money from HSBC and am helping my nan at the moment who now has a prelim court date of 6th July.

Thanks for all your help.

C

Hello.

New charges added to my spreadsheet and letter 1 (approach for repayment) in post Monday.. Total now £1,705..

C

OK Trucker.. will make sure we take no notice of it and stick to the deadlines! :)