JSHTR3 v Barclays

jshtr3
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I sent my first letter to barclays 4 weeks ago asking for £1380. Recieved an offer this weekend of £840. Wasn't sure if this was any good but I have some concerns about taking this to court as I may end up waiting till after the OFT? (or whoever it is) ruling. Done some maths and if they come up with a valid charge of £12 I will get less than £840 if the court rules and gives me everything over £12. Any advice welcome!

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

Hi again:)

Remember that the OFT does not make the law and their report on credit card fees has made not one jot of difference to claims, all it's done is brought down the charges that are currently being made to £12 in most cases.

At the end of the day it is extremely unlikely you'll get anywhere near a courtroom although Barclays will hold out to the last minute. Dealing with them is a bit like playing chicken but so far they've always jumped out of the way at the last minute.

In your position I'd reject the offer and proceed to the next stage of your claim.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

Thanks, I didn't know that the ruling had made no difference to claims, Such a relief to find some help from somewhere. I'm off to write a considered and well thought through "get stuffed" letter

:)

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

I think all the consideration it needs is 'I reject your offer of £840 made on [date] and I will continue to seek a full refund of my charges'.

Have you sent an LBA yet?

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

hi there i too am about to send my sar to barclays, but could you please tell me the address you sent it to. many thanks

claim with woolwich for £1895. offer recieved for £1412 . rejection letter sent on 05/04/07.

claim with capital one for £987 for two accounts, preliminary sent 02/04/07

still waiting for full statements for husbands capital one.

gemoney sar sent on 03/03/07. on 3 accounts. cheque cashed.

barclays bank sar sent on 03/03/07. had response and cheque returned, but still no statements.

monument sar sent 03/03/07. phone call from monument to say they are dealing with my request.

sorry did not mean to hijack. thank you for the reply though.

claim with woolwich for £1895. offer recieved for £1412 . rejection letter sent on 05/04/07.

claim with capital one for £987 for two accounts, preliminary sent 02/04/07

still waiting for full statements for husbands capital one.

gemoney sar sent on 03/03/07. on 3 accounts. cheque cashed.

barclays bank sar sent on 03/03/07. had response and cheque returned, but still no statements.

monument sar sent 03/03/07. phone call from monument to say they are dealing with my request.

I think all the consideration it needs is 'I reject your offer of £840 made on [date] and I will continue to seek a full refund of my charges'.

Have you sent an LBA yet?

No, was gonna send it with my rejection of offer letter, That Seems to be the advice given to others. Is this correct (assuming LBA is letter before action)

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

Update: Just sent off my LBA recorded delivery with a section saying thanks but no thanks to the offer. Bring on the 19th march. Not looking forward to the paperwork and stress but getting my own back certainly appeals!!! Just trying to remember all the c/cards I've had for the last 6 years. Is there any way of finding out without writing to individual companies?

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

I suppose you could look at your old bank statements or cheque book stubs if you have them - any sign of DD payments or cheques to credit card companies?

Alternatively they might show up on an experian/equifax credit check? Worth a couple of quid to find out?

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

Thanks for those pearls of wisdom. This place is great, It's like talking to my granny but you all remember my name!!!!:D

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

Ooops, It's the 26th march, not the 19th, how keen am I?:o

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

Its russian for Joshua tree. One of my favourite albums

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

Morning all

Just a quick question, Due to file against badclays on 26th and was wandering if I'm better doing it with MCOL or going directly through the court. I have the day off today and was gonna go and pick up the form (N1 i believe) from wakefield court? Any thoughts????

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Morning all

Just a quick question, Due to file against badclays on 26th and was wandering if I'm better doing it with MCOL or going directly through the court. I have the day off today and was gonna go and pick up the form (N1 i believe) from wakefield court? Any thoughts????

Personally, I would use the N1. There is much more room for your POC's. You can download it here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/844-n1-claims-form-pdf.html

Thanks mum of three, does this include the husband? ;)

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

Hi, Just trying to do my N1 form. I'm claiming for two accounts. Do I add the totals together and treat them as one or do i need to put something in to the particulars of claim? Do i need to include account numbers? How much leaway is allowed in the "on or around" dates for when you opened your account. Been with them that long not even sure I can get the year right and cant find it on any of the info I have.

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

On or around can be very approximate (I've guessed and it's caused no problems). Account numbers are essential.

You might say something like:

1. Acting as a consumer the Claimant has a current account no. 12345678 with the Defendant on or around 1 April 2000 ('the first account').

2. Acting as a consumer the Claimant has a current account no. 23456789 on or around 2 April 2000 ('the second account').

On the schedule of charges you'd list all the charges for the first account and their total, and all the charges for the second account, that total then a grand total.

N.b. I write particulars slightly differently to the CAG templates but I hope you get the idea.

• Haha 1

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

Thanks for that, I get the plan. Off to court then, woo hoo!!!:eek:

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON