Dual Fuel question?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Without going into a long essay, I used to buy both gas & Electric from Scottish Power (S.P.) & to be honest I thought the service was good.

Last year, when all the hipe was on about energy price hikes, I decided to look for cheaper providors.

After searching the internet for cheaper suppliers, I was quoted by EDF & found them to be the cheapest.

However they could not offer me a 'Duel fuel tariff', which I had been paying at S.P. because they said the electric meter was wrong due to it being on 'Economy 7' & I wouldn't benefit.

But the electric would still be cheaper than I had been paying for with S.P.

Anyway, I changed suppliers so that I bought both gas / electric from EDF, who promised to be cheaper.

EDF did say that the meter could be changed over free of charge.

A month after the changover, I received a call from S.P. who said that they wanted my custom back & could offer me a good deal for 'Duel Fuel' & the quotation was actually cheaper than EDF.

So back I went to changing suppliers only for S.P. to contact me again to say they could not provide gas & electric on a duel fuel tariff because the meter was wrong.

I told them that for over 3 years I had been paying for the duel fuel tariff with Scottish Power but they could not understand why, due to the electric meter & that I was lucky?!

So now I Purchase electric from EDF & gas from S.P.

Sorry it is long winded but my question is, do I have case against Scottish Power because I was paying for a service that in theory I wasn't getting?

or should I keep quiet & forget about it?

It might be worthwhile calling energy watch about this one - they are pretty good at giving advice.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.