Bad Credit Vs Charges refund

whataboutyeah
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have just requested 6 years worth of statements/charges ready to claim my charges back. I know for a fact that it will be a fair bit, as I can remember at least 3 consecutive months last year where I was charged £100 each month.

BUT.... I have heard from a friend (that works in a bank and has heard of people claiming back charges) that if the claim does end up in court then it will show on your credit rating, as all money claims in court show on your credit rating. Is this right, surely it would only show if someone was claiming against me and won, NOT me claiming against them?

If this is the case, then either way I lose out, as bad credit will no doubt cost me in the future, although it does annoy me very much that the banks think they can get away with this, especially with those people who just can't afford it.

Has anybody else heard this?

Have any of the people who actually went to court seen this on thier credit rating?

I think he's having you on. Why would it? Taking someone to court to get YOUR money paid back has nothing to do with your credit worthiness.

Perhaps (yet) another tactic by the banks to frighten people off.

... a little

Mahala is a powerful thing ...

If you like my advice, please click the scales.

All advice is offered informally. If in any doubt, seek professional advice.

Barclays:claiming £908. Defence filed

Simply Be: settled in full

Abbey: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

GE Capital: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

Aktiv Kapital: Failed to comply with CCA disclosure. Debt unenforceable.

If this site has helped you, please make a donation to help keep it going.

Thanks for the reply

Yes, this is what I thought, it just didn't make sense, but I thought I'd check to see if a) anyone else had heard this b) if anyone had actually seen this after they got thier charges refunded and c) if anyone knows the legalities of this.

Is he representing the bank when he says this? Or was it a matey chat?

If it's possible he was representing the bank, then the bank may just have blackmailed you... blackmail is a criminal offence.

Nope, it was a matey chat, I was talking to him about the charges, and he said that someone had claimed against the bank he works at. He then revealed that the bank had offered half back and they would then go all the way to court if they proceeded (you have to remember that he is getting this information from his supervisor, so there maybe some cover up inside, which I suspect, as it is probably not something they shout about from within the bankl as well as to the public).

I think this was just something that his supervisor said to him and he's passed on, so there may well be very little truth in it, but I wanted to check just to be sure.

Yes, I think I will do that. If it does appear on my credit report, then do you think that I'll be able to get it off on the grounds that it does not have any bearing on my credit rating.

I think your friend is confused. The only reason why a "money claim" would show up on your credit report is if the bank sued you and won. This is yet another example of how unfamiliar banks are with litigation where they are not the claimant.

They really don't know how to cope with customers who not only assert their rights but also back up that assertion with legal action. Never mind. Given that the numbers who are seeking refunds of unlawful charges will exceed the numbers the banks sue to recover debts, they are going to have to learn fast.

Er...if you're in the situation where you are claiming back a substantial sum of money then surely you've got defaults issued against you anyway!? Pretty sure I have!

I'm hoping to take advantage of the 'defaults repair' my bank will do, once they've forked out the cash, by taking out a loan and paying back what's left of my o/d at a preferential rate.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks