Sparta vs Capital One (GRRRR!)

spartagates

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5725 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

A few years ago I had a visa account with Cap.One and, well you know how a couple ofmissed payments;allthe charges snowball and I was on a low income, so the account was defaulted and I eventually managed to get it paid off (troubles started at £200, the account being settled at about £640 - so they have put over £400 in charges on).

Problem is I threw my all my statements, cards, everything away a while ago so I no longer have an account number to use. I would be grateful if anyone could suggest a way to approach them toretrieve it;or do I really need it for a DPA request?

Any help would be gratefully acceppted :D

John

You are not a number , your account number is only to help them .Write them the DPDR letter.Your name and address is enough for them to find the infomation.Obviously if you had a different address at the time provide them with that.

Keep us posted as to how you get on .

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 3 weeks later...

HI Spartagates

Im in excatly the same position and have had 2 previouse accounts, i just requested all infor to be sent under my name and address.

got a letter back as well form kathrine Blunt advising information will be forwarded when she gets it.

BL

• 3 weeks later...

After a loooong wait; finally got through the DPA request from Cap1. After sifting through the statements my total of charges reaches £900 :O

The prelim letter will be heading off tomorrow; I can't believe how a £200 credit card could end up like that! It's outrageous that watchdogs such as the OFT, FSA and the Ombudsman just sit back and let these types of parasites prey on people who get into financial difficulty.

If they don't play ball and it reaches moneyclaim; that'll be £250+ on top by the spreadsheet.... and that will be their choice ;)

edit: found my original thread- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3751 apologies as couldn't earlier! would appreciate a mod merging the threads (sorry! won't happen again!!)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5725 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks