Im about to claim back charges

colink
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today is the last straw ... Charged £105 for three cheques unpaid (£7, £7 & £10) due to a D/D wrongly taken out.

But am I right in saying I can only claim back charges which are greater than the amount they have charged against ?

ie: £7 cheque bounces and they charge me £35.

Many thanks, Colin

Today is the last straw ... Charged £105 for three cheques unpaid (£7, £7 & £10) due to a D/D wrongly taken out.

But am I right in saying I can only claim back charges which are greater than the amount they have charged against ?

ie: £7 cheque bounces and they charge me £35.

Many thanks, Colin

No, the amount of the transaction is irrelevant. £35 is unlawful whether it was for bouncing a cheque for 50p, or £50,000. It still only cost them a few pence to do it.

I would suggest before you do anything, have a good read of the FAQ's.

• 3 weeks later...

Well they certainly know how to wind you up the wrong way !!

Recived a letter today

"I can understand your frustration about the charges applied to your account.so we can fully investigate your claim for a refund i will provide you with a full response within the next 6 weeks"

6 Weeks ? , are they having a laugh !!!!

Keep with it!! I got the "investigating your complaint" letter and asked for 10 days to get back to me. I wrote to them yesterday telling them it wasnt a complaint, but a request for the return of unlawful charges and gave them another 14 days, with court proceedings starting on or around the 23rd June.:cool: Keep in control with them and call the shots.

06th April 2006 Statements requested for last 6 yrs:

Bank of Scotland: Current account Breaching DPA

Royal Bank of Scotland: Style Breaching DPA

Capital One: Mastercard Request for £499.23 on the 17th April. £40 refunded to account on 26th April. Small claim hearing 27th June. Full refund and interest 24th May.

Coop: Crashed and burned into giving in Full and final offered 16 days after LBA ;)

Thats enough just now, more to come though

Hi again colink.

No i didn't add anything to my letters - I'm no legal expert and I didn't want to compromise my position (as the troops would say......!). I would not advise straying from the path that has been explained to us - we know that works and is all legally correct so why take the risk???

After I sent my letter before action I received (and ignored) two letters asking me for more time and information which I had already said in my original letter, and also telling me I might be telephoned. As it happens they did not call me, but if they had I would have politely declined to have a conversation. 14 days after my lba I filed the court claim online, and then received a letter telling me the Coop would defend the claim. This SCARED me a bit - but I stuck with it and carried on checking the progress of my online claim each day. Then, about 5 days later my account was credited with the full amount and all I had to do was ring the online court and tell them I'd been successful! Job done! If yours goes the same way as mine did you'll have the money in about 4 weeks I reckon..............

Good luck!

Paul

Hi Pauly, I'm at that stage also, I check my account each day as the investigation time is a stalling practice.

06th April 2006 Statements requested for last 6 yrs:

Bank of Scotland: Current account Breaching DPA

Royal Bank of Scotland: Style Breaching DPA

Capital One: Mastercard Request for £499.23 on the 17th April. £40 refunded to account on 26th April. Small claim hearing 27th June. Full refund and interest 24th May.

Coop: Crashed and burned into giving in Full and final offered 16 days after LBA ;)

Thats enough just now, more to come though

• 4 weeks later...

have now filed a claim there time is up !!!

but im also thinking to myself I have a second account with them, how much in charges have they charged me on that one over the last six years ?

has anyone else claimed on two accounts with the same bank ??

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks