colink

Im about to claim back charges

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4792 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Today is the last straw ... Charged £105 for three cheques unpaid (£7, £7 & £10) due to a D/D wrongly taken out.

But am I right in saying I can only claim back charges which are greater than the amount they have charged against ?

ie: £7 cheque bounces and they charge me £35.

Many thanks, Colin

Today is the last straw ... Charged £105 for three cheques unpaid (£7, £7 & £10) due to a D/D wrongly taken out.

But am I right in saying I can only claim back charges which are greater than the amount they have charged against ?

ie: £7 cheque bounces and they charge me £35.

Many thanks, Colin

No, the amount of the transaction is irrelevant. £35 is unlawful whether it was for bouncing a cheque for 50p, or £50,000. It still only cost them a few pence to do it.

I would suggest before you do anything, have a good read of the FAQ's.

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

Thanks for the reply.

just added it up have been charged £532 in 12 months is it still worth claiming for this amount ??

Sure it is! I claimed and got back £255. They have won if you don't claim it back - and it's not hard to do or particularly time consuming.

Paul

Well letter posted on the 19th, no reply as yet but will keep you posted

Good Luck ColinK,

Keep us posted!

Well they certainly know how to wind you up the wrong way !!

Recived a letter today

"I can understand your frustration about the charges applied to your account.so we can fully investigate your claim for a refund i will provide you with a full response within the next 6 weeks"

6 Weeks ? , are they having a laugh !!!!

Stick with it colink. I got a letter similar to this from coop when i was claiming back my charges but i just ignored it and continued with my planned dates of sending a letter before action etc. Do it by the book and i beleive you won't go far wrong!

All the best,

paul

Cheers for the suport Paul, will do i'll type another letter over the weekend !

did you add anything extra to your letters ?

Keep with it!! I got the "investigating your complaint" letter and asked for 10 days to get back to me. I wrote to them yesterday telling them it wasnt a complaint, but a request for the return of unlawful charges and gave them another 14 days, with court proceedings starting on or around the 23rd June.:cool: Keep in control with them and call the shots.

06th April 2006 Statements requested for last 6 yrs:

Bank of Scotland: Current account Breaching DPA

Royal Bank of Scotland: Style Breaching DPA

Capital One: Mastercard Request for £499.23 on the 17th April. £40 refunded to account on 26th April. Small claim hearing 27th June. Full refund and interest 24th May.

Coop: Crashed and burned into giving in Full and final offered 16 days after LBA ;)

Thats enough just now, more to come though

Hi again colink.

No i didn't add anything to my letters - I'm no legal expert and I didn't want to compromise my position (as the troops would say......!). I would not advise straying from the path that has been explained to us - we know that works and is all legally correct so why take the risk???

After I sent my letter before action I received (and ignored) two letters asking me for more time and information which I had already said in my original letter, and also telling me I might be telephoned. As it happens they did not call me, but if they had I would have politely declined to have a conversation. 14 days after my lba I filed the court claim online, and then received a letter telling me the Coop would defend the claim. This SCARED me a bit - but I stuck with it and carried on checking the progress of my online claim each day. Then, about 5 days later my account was credited with the full amount and all I had to do was ring the online court and tell them I'd been successful! Job done! If yours goes the same way as mine did you'll have the money in about 4 weeks I reckon..............

Good luck!

Paul

Hi Pauly, I'm at that stage also, I check my account each day as the investigation time is a stalling practice.

06th April 2006 Statements requested for last 6 yrs:

Bank of Scotland: Current account Breaching DPA

Royal Bank of Scotland: Style Breaching DPA

Capital One: Mastercard Request for £499.23 on the 17th April. £40 refunded to account on 26th April. Small claim hearing 27th June. Full refund and interest 24th May.

Coop: Crashed and burned into giving in Full and final offered 16 days after LBA ;)

Thats enough just now, more to come though

have now filed a claim there time is up !!!

but im also thinking to myself I have a second account with them, how much in charges have they charged me on that one over the last six years ?

has anyone else claimed on two accounts with the same bank ??

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4792 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you