style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Although a new member, may I suggest that under the section "Debt Action Group" that a new forum is started specifically related to mortgages and secured loans.

This is a problem area that affects many people. They then realise that they are individuals dealing with the might of a large organisation, some of whom it seems - particularly the sub-prime market - their sole aim is to repossess every property they can, regardless of the lives they affect.

I have helped and been a court buddy for a number of people in my locality, and there are many ways to avoid repossession - if people had the knowledge.

I know that this area is touched on in the bank action group, but the emphasis is not on the process of repossession and its avoidance.

NB I originally posted this in the "Welcome" forum, but it was suggested that I post here. Please delete original if appropriate.

On some things I am very knowledgeable, on other things I am stupid. Trouble is, sometimes I discover that the former is the latter or vice versa, and I don't know this until later - maybe even much later. Read anything I write with the above in mind.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a new thread GE Money Mortgage Repossession under the Bank Action Group - against unlawful bank charges. Repossession cases do not fit easily under this heading, as they are to do with debt and arrears.

Repossession has its own rules and case law very different from charges levied.

I know that the moderators of CAG are very busy people, but I would really appreciate it if one of them would comment on my suggestion of a separate forum for this.

On some things I am very knowledgeable, on other things I am stupid. Trouble is, sometimes I discover that the former is the latter or vice versa, and I don't know this until later - maybe even much later. Read anything I write with the above in mind.

I agree that repossessions are very different to charges. There is limited information on the site regarding repossessions for a very good reason.

Where someone's home is at risk it is advisable to seek professional legal help rather than attempt to do things yourself. Repossession is something which is beyond the realm of a self help forum.

Regards

Zoot

Guest Zooman

I have to say that is very short sighted of CAG, there is only a handful of options that can stop a house being repossessed and no great tricks, you are a lawyer are you not? you must know most solicitors offices will not even attend a home repossession hearing and advise people that they have to come to agreement with the lender and to use a solicitor such as CAB.

regardless if we have a forum or not on the subject people will still look for advice but simply they will look else where for advice and this site misses an opportunity to help someone on a simple subject.