Courage !,... mon brave.

Almoner
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, after almost a fortnights "humming and ha`ing"", today we did it,..Put in request for DPA bank statements.,.. figuring that "they" had really overdone the charges between 2000 and 2005:causing us to be in a never ending spiral of debt with the resultant negative effects on our lives.As joint account holders, we couched the letter in "plural "terms. and my husband took a copy along with a £10.00 note to our local branch this morning......He was treated ,promptly, politely, and it was explained that this branch could produce and send on statements for the past 14 months,.........Our reqeust letter would be sent on to H.O.on our behalf.. My husband was given a receipt for the cash.

Later, (14.45,) I was called by "Julie" from our branch personally.(I am 1st. name on account.). She was very pleasant and said that 14 months statements would be sent to us.by themselves as soon as possible.:::The request to H.O. could take longer as the branch needed to make our cash into a cheque to accompany the letter.I said I knew about microfiche and that I would still expect all records within the 40 days specified.Julie said "hopefully so" and said to call back if further help needed.She was very friendly and polite,....Good start???

• 3 months later...
Cheers Lovebird - I didnt want to distract too much from your claim. Thanks for your input. I hope they give you your money back in the end too.

KARNEVIL , So pleased you`re winning ! Hard graft pays off ,,,and it`s a huge incentive to carry on. I have just completed spreadsheets and figure abbey owes me £8,210. 76 pence ....How did you split up your total To claim "below the "magic" figure of £5000.00?"Note you did yours in 3 lots.. Sorry to be direct Can`t seem to find clear guidelines as to procedure at this stage and am terrified that the portal is closed by abbey before I get claim in !!!I is there anywhere on this web where there is a step by step procedure to follow at this and continuing stages ?Buddy sytem not working for me and am very new to computers learning on the job!!so to speak since discovery of "Reclaim your Bank Charges,!!)

[moved post to your own thread, as you were hijacking s/one else's. Please keep your queires and updates to your own thread, it will make things a lot easier to understand for all.]

Sorry re "thread ..still trying to make sense of terminology ..Will go back to FAQ`s again .However would need to know ..please?? whether requests to abbey are not to include interest in 1st instance and only do so as calculated on spreadsheet if it has to go to court??I will try to locate your helpful contributor and return to faq`s again Since the meaning of these acronynms is also a mystery to me . It may take some considerable time as I blunder about learning as I go on....T!!!

Thanks you all. Am beginning to get the hang now!! will adjust spreadsheet copies accordingly . Am anticipating a negative response from Abbey., BUT .. 8% interest from 2000 has pressed the "greedy!" button and am anticipating a lot more help to remain strong..in the face of their obfuscation..(practising for court..!!)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks