Chica v's Egg!!

chica

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm just about to start on my claim for Egg among others after successfully winning against Abbey and First Direct. Going to send DPA Subject Request on Monday. I owe them £18275.91!!! :eek: I'm not expecting all that back obviously but some of it would be great!!

I'll keep you updated.

Bank charges: Abbey won in 2006, Halifax won in 2006, Capital One won in 2006.

• 3 weeks later...

Letter was sent on the 12th March but still not signed for. Royal Mail have until Monday to deliver before I class the letter as lost. I suppose I'll have to send the letter again then?

Recieved a letter from Egg this morning, so they have obviously recieved my letter.

It reads:

Thank you for your request of details of the personal data Egg holds about you. Egg places paramount importance on the security of your personal data, and before we process your request, we first need to see an item of identification. Please forward one of the identification documents listed below. A pre-paid envelope is enclosed for your convenience. If your request realtes to a joint account, each account holder must provide a seperate item of identification.

Identification.

We will accept any of the documents listed below;

A bank, building society or cedit card statement, which should not relate to an Egg account

A stord card or catalogue statement

A utility bill

The document must be a n original, not a photocopy, and dated within the last 3 months. It must show your full name or first initail and surname and your current address. All documentation will be returned to you.

If you cannot provide any of the above, we will accept a letter confirming your identity from your employer or another professional person such as a solicitor. It must be an original on headed paper, dated within hte last 3 months and authenticated with an offical stamp if applicable.

Does anyone know if they can ask for further id?

This is standard, Egg requires it from EVERY requestor, partly for customer protection.

Consider the following scenario: you move home but forget to notify Egg. An unrelated new occupant of the premises found out you have an Egg card and requests Egg to send 6 years statements to the same name and address. If Egg complies without seeking proof of current name and address, then a quantity of statements with revealing details could fall into the wrong hands.

Thats what I thought but didn't have to do it with anyone else. I suppose the other banks aren't arsed over who gets what info!!!

Egg the one and only UK cyberspace card does not mail one single statement or letter to the cardholder in 10 years.

Other cards and banks will know about customer address changes through returned mail. Egg would not except through customer input online.

• 3 weeks later...

On the letter from Egg it asked me to send further id which would be returned immediately. I sent my passport and council tax bill and still not recieved it back. Should I start getting worried?