style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a Renault Laguna from Renault UK, finance by Lombard Vehicle Management, in November 2002. The term was four years, with a return date of December 8th 2006. However, two days prior to this date (and despite regular servicing in accordance with Renault guidelines) the engine seized. I had done 90,000 miles, 30,000 in excess of the agreement, but was willing to pay the additional £800.

Renault could not explain why this had happened and could only advise me that the engine needed replacing. With it impossible to do this inside two days, I had to agree with Lombard to agree to pay the residual payment on the car (£5046). I also had to pay for a reconditioned engine and costs of installation (Renault's quoted price was out of my price range - and worth more than the car). I haven't paid Lombard a penny yet (largely because they've not invoiced or called me asking for payment). Can anyone advise me of what options I have?

BATTLES WON/ONGOING

NatWest Bank- £8k+ **SETTLED IN FULL**

Capital One - £2k+ ** SETTLED IN FULL**

Cahoot - £255 **SETTLED IN FULL**

Abbey National - £385 **SETTLED IN FULL**

Central Trust - £3k+ **SETTLED IN FULL**

GMAC RFC - £2k **SETTLED IN FULL**

Now going after Natwest (again) and Halifax.

• 1 year later...

A tricky situation, I think.

I will say that Renault engines are *usually* reliable, and have been known to last longer than the rest of the car - especially with older 70's and 80's Renault bodies that were extremely rust-prone. 90k miles is very early for a complete seize-up in a regularly-serviced engine.

However, I don't know anything about vehicle finance, so I can't directly help you figure out who should be responsible for the seized engine. I would read your agreements carefully, looking for warranty terms.