Brok V Nationwide

brok
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Have typed and printed my Schedule of Charges. Just about to send with Preliminary approach for repayment letter...but wow.....which contact address should i send it to??:confused:

Have looked and there are two different threads for Contact Details to Nationwide, both of which have different addresses.....

Which is the definitive address? Or does it not matter? Also should I send it to a few of the addresses?

Many thanks for any help given. Cant wait to get started on this and send these off to bank - apprehensive but hopeful!! :)

Hi thanks for that

That is one of the threads i looked at - but there is also another one, with several different addresses. Do i just use this one then??:confused:

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Updating the situation with Nationwide.

Having sent my LBA I recieved a letter from Nationwide on 4/05/07, which may be the standard 'bog off' letter but it went along the lines of - Thankyou for your letter...then explaining why charges are appilied...suggesting an overdraught....and then finally this paragragh ....

" After careful consideration of your request, we're sorry that we can't agree to your charges being refunded. Only in exceptional circumstances do we refund charges and on this occasion we feel it would be unfair to other members who find themselves in a similar situation and whose charges still remain. We realise that our answer will disappoint you however we trust that we have clarified the Society's position..." etc.

What is my best course of action now? Do i file a claim at court next? That would seem to be the next step.

As i have mentioned in an earlier thread about Halifax claim, i am pregnant (now 12 weeks) and have been suffering with sickness, exhaustion etc!

This is making the whole process more difficult.

Any help very much appreciated. Many thanks.

No, dont file at court yet! You need to send your "Letter Before Action" which vcan be found in the templates section - which lets teh bank know that you are going to go to court within 14 days of that LBA letter.

:| worried and stressed:|

Nationwide! Here i come, could be alot of money they might have to pay me back:eek:

Data request letter sent 04/06/06 via Hull Branch Nationwide.

Hull financial consultant called ME to help 04/06/06

:smile:Refunded £1200, 19/07/06, still going for the rest of it though!

LBA posted 22/09/06 claiming £2720!

D`oh! - put wrong amount in LBA - short by £1000!

Finally got the money to go to court 09/03/07

Acknowledged 13/03/07

No reply, so judgement issued 29 days after acknowledgment 14/04/07

DEFENCE FILED ??!! 09/03/07

FULLY PAID UP 17/04/07

Second Prelim sent 20/04/07

Second LBA sent 01/05/07

MCOL acknowledged

County court letter saying PAID UP 20/06/07 - although this wasnt the claimed amount, so i disputed it.

Still awaiting court date/decision due to OFT case.

Having sent my LBA I recieved a letter from Nationwide on 4/05/07

Hi again

I have sent my Letter Before Action, a.k.a LBA, as mentioned in my post above. This was sent 23/04/07.

The letter i recieved from Nationwide on 4/05/07 is a reply to my Letter Before Action.

Due to feeling so 'foggy' and exhausted with the pregnancy right now any guidance as to what to do next (in idiot proof steps haha) would be very much appreciated, as i'm also trying to keep stress to a mininimum...i'm assuming i need to apply to court next...?....am i right?? :o

Many thanks!

Hi brok!

...exhausted with the pregnancy right now any guidance as to what to do next (in idiot proof steps haha) would be very much appreciated
Try the book by 'Dr Spock'??!...lol...:)

...i'm also trying to keep stress to a mininimum
???...STRESS???

Try being a bloke left pacing up + down for hours on end, in a NON-smoking waiting room, after the midwife has forcibly took the gas & air off U and come out with a rather feeble excuse that someone else needs it!

Jeez!...I just don't know how a woman would cope if she ever had a 'runny nose'

...Now that's REAL pain for U!!!...lol...:D

...i'm assuming i need to apply to court next...?....am i right??
Yep, U sure are! (...aren't women always right?!...;) )

According to the dates that U have posted, Nationwide have had receipt of your LBA for more than the 14 days that U said that U would allow them.

The next step is to choose whether U want to File your Claim @ Court, either by using a N1 Form, or via MCOL.

Reading through the following Thread + the links therein may help U (...especially #23):

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/84346-dickie-nationwide.html

Also note...

If U are Claiming certain benefits, using the N1 Form may be more beneficial for U.

Many thanks for the help.

I am a single mum so yes, i think the N1 Form sounds like the best option :)

I will proceed with this and check out the links given, that's great!