Just starting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I have just recieved my statements from the Halifax, and have just calculated the bank charges, they take it fast enough but how are they at giving it back. Just about to start with a letter, does anyone what timescale I might be looking at. Nice to know that you will be there for any problems that arise, bit nevous but here goes.

Hi everyone, I have just recieved my statements from the Halifax, and have just calculated the bank charges, they take it fast enough but how are they at giving it back. Just about to start with a letter, does anyone what timescale I might be looking at. Nice to know that you will be there for any problems that arise, bit nevous but here goes.

hi the timescale for you is 14 days for each letter, then file at court should they not settle. As for when they pay out thats depends on them.:)

Hi SGJ, i started my claim just after christmas (SAR was sent 28th december).

I received the settlement offer yesterday - 1 week after LBA was sent.

It seems halifax do not have a set timetable, they treat every claim differently it seems

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent (Recorded Delivery) - 28 December 2006

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Acknowlegdement received 6 January 2007

Statements received 10 February 2007

Prelim sent (Recorded Delivery) - 13 February 2007

Prelim Received - 14 February 2007

Prelim Acknowledgement received - 20 February 2007

LBA sent (Recorded Delivery) - 1 March 2007

Hello again as I said I am just about to start, I have read the instructions again and again, but just wanting to check which letter to send first, what is a schedule of charges, does this mean I have to photocopy my statments, ther is a lot of them and what is the best way of working out the interest

Use the spreadsheet in the template folder, just put exactly what it says on the statement - charges as notified more than likely.

This spreadsheet will also calculate the interest for you, don't forget to hide the 2 columns before printing though (you can only add interest at court stage)

and the first letter is the prelim approach

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent (Recorded Delivery) - 28 December 2006

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Acknowlegdement received 6 January 2007

Statements received 10 February 2007

Prelim sent (Recorded Delivery) - 13 February 2007

Prelim Received - 14 February 2007

Prelim Acknowledgement received - 20 February 2007

LBA sent (Recorded Delivery) - 1 March 2007

Hi sgj -- good luck with the Halifax -- follow the tried and tested methods on this site and you will get your money back. It took me about 6 weeks from receiving the statements to the cash being credited to the account :D . Have a read of my thread to see my timescales (sorry but I don't know how to do a link :confused: )

Remember to stick to your timescales!

Best wishes. jaxads x

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

does this mean I have to photocopy my statments

No you don't need to send copy of statements just Prelim letter and schedule of charges like superowls says.

There's so much to read but keep reading and everyone is really helpful. Just ask when you need it.

Prelim Sent -27/02/07....

Response Letter rec'd -13/03/07....

LBA Sent -15/03/07...

Court claim due-30/03/07

Offer received(10p/cent short)-declined for full amount-28/03/07

Success FULL 6yr amount offered-29/03/07:D

........not yet received because they want me to accept conditions!!:(