A list of GOOD garages

DorsetStrider
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After reading a couple of threads on here tonight about shoddy garages I thought I'd entertain you all with a story of delight (I'll try to work fairy's into it somewhere)

My car failed it's MOT this year on emissions (It would be the one bloody thing I can't check for at home wouldn't it?). After looking at the emission sheet I was pretty sure it was a lambda sensor fault... then the story broke in the news about tescos fuel and I was convinced.

I spent 2 weeks searching for an online supplier to change the sensor myself but no one did them for my car. Eventually I gave in and took the car to a small independant garage in poole that was recommended by a friend (Morgan Motors off stanley green road). I explained my feelings about it being the lambda sensor and showed him the test sheet.

When I picked up the car that evening (expecting it to have cost £150+) I was as delighted as a fairy in spring (see? I managed to work fairys in!) when he charged me just £50. Turns out it wasn't the lambda at all but rather the two air filters that were clogged causing the problem. I wondered how many garages would have charged me for a new sensor as well.

With this in mind how about a list of garages that YOU would recommend?

My nomination....

Morgan Motors - Stanley Green, Poole, Dorset

• 4 months later...

Central VW Audi

Central House Crescent road

Ellesmere Port Cheshire

0151 355 1246

They always recommend using original equipment where possible.

"I am more than prepared to repay any money I have borrowed, IF they are prepared to refund any money THEIR agreement doesnt allow them to charge me." Tamadus

Thanks couldnt put it better myself :D

• 1 month later...