where to now?

commonroad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone.

New to this forum, and I need advice. Ive been with Loyds for nearly 12 years, and I only recently realised how much in charges these lot seem to have charged me. I sent away for a list of charges going back 6yrs, which they duly sent to me. Ive used the calculator somewhere on this site, and have worked out that in the last 6 yrs they have charged me just over £2000 in charges (£2370 with interest)

Right, what do i do now?

Ive printed the letter off and have filled it in. Im assuming I cannot claim all of the above amount back, do I settle for the offer (If any) they make, or hold out for more?

The other thing is, do I open another bank account now, or hope they dont close my account.

Hope to hear from you on this matter.

Sorry I may seem a bit thick, but there is so much good info on this site, just dont know where to start.

Thanks

PS, I only realised they were overcharging me, when my wife asked why I had been charged £300 in charges, which had then taken me over my o'draft limit. I had only injected my account with enough funds to cover my overdraft the day before, when LLoyds had kindly taken it all back, and then sent me over the limit, which they then charged me for!! Has that happened to anyone else??

Hi commonroad you are not thick, it just takes time to understand the procedures.

Ive printed the letter off and have filled it in. Im assuming I cannot claim all of the above amount back, do I settle for the offer (If any) they make, or hold out for more?

Before court you cant claim the judicial interest, settling for an offer, your shout, why settle for half of YOUR money.

I had only injected my account with enough funds to cover my overdraft the day before, when LLoyds had kindly taken it all back, and then sent me over the limit, which they then charged me for!! Has that happened to anyone else?

Yes many people, and you ask should you accept an offer, i say

TREAT THEM AS THEY HAVE TREATED YOU OVER THE YEARS.

Good luck to you and keep us posted.

The other thing is, do I open another bank account now, or hope they dont close my account.

Best to be prepaired for all eventualities.

Hello,

Wow quick replies!! shame the banks are not as quick !!

Can I just clarify one thing, When I send the letter to my bank asking for the charges to be returned, am I right in thinking I cannot claim for the interest accrued over the 6 years?

Another thing Ive just realised is, where do I send my letter?

has anyone got a dept/name and address, I would like to send it straight to the correct place before they take time passing the letter from pillar to post.

Im planning on sending this week, so will keep you all informed.

Thanks

You cannot add the 8% interest to your claim until the court stage, but dont worry it just keeps accruing until then hehe

The main address to send to is

25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN

although i think they have specific deepartments dealing with all our claims now, so sending to the above HO address you cant go wrong really.

GOOD LUCK

;)

If I have been helpful, PLEASE click the scales

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

I WON !!!!

HERE WE GO AGAIN .... BRING IT ON

:D