Me vs Lowell HELP Please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i had an old Capital One debt which is about £700 i didnt here anything for over a year then i started getting letters from Lowell Financial saying i owe them £2500 for a capital one debt which they have now bought. After looking at this site and getting final demands from lowell i sent them a CCA letter as follows.

Hamptons Legal

PO Box 173

Leeds

LS11 9WR

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: − Account/Reference Number xxxxxxxx

With reference to the above account, I request that you send me a true copy of this credit agreement, relating to your last letter dated 19th February, signed by S Hunter. As I do not acknowledge ANY debt to your company.

I understand that this is my right under the legislation contained within section 77 (1) and section 78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, and am entitled to receive a copy of my credit agreement on request.

Your obligation also extends to providing me with a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order which represents payment of the statutory fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act. I understand that a copy of my credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days from the date of this letter.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act, creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

Also, since you are a Debt Collection Agency, I would also ask that you supply a signed true copy of the executed deed of assignment for the above referenced agreement. This is an obligation, whether you are the original creditor or not, under section 189 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

In summary, Hamptons Legal/Lowell Financial is to supply the following documentation before I correspond further:

1. True copy of original credit agreement

2. Statement of account

3. Copy of the executed deed of assignment from Capital One to Hamptons Legal/Lowell Financial

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested and consider this matter to be “in dispute”.

Thanks in advance and I hope to hear from you within the statutory time limit.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

They got My CCA on the 02/03/07 and i got a reply in today 08/03/07

We are in receipt of your request for a copy of your credit agreement in this matter in accordance with Section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

We are in receipt of the prescribed fee from you.

We are requesting a copy of the agreement from your original lender with whom you originally entered into the agreement.

While we endeavour to reply to you with the required information within the prescribed 28 day period under the Consumer Credit Act you will appreciate this is dependent upon receipt of the information from the

original creditor.

We will advise you further if it will take longer than the prescribed period and the reason to supply the required information.

We trust this meets with your saatisfation.

My first question is are they allowed to take longer than the prescribed period if they give you a reason why its taking longer? and also i asked them to supply the following items

1. True copy of original credit agreement

2. Statement of account

3. Copy of the executed deed of assignment from Capital One to Hamptons Legal/Lowell Financial

but in there letter they only mention supplying me with the credit agreement are they leagally bound to supply me with these 3 bits of information i asked for?

what should i do should i write another letter stating it will be an offence if they dont give me the info on time or just leave it now to see what happens?

i will be greatfull for any advise.

Thank you

You're doing good! :)

The reply you got back from Lowell's is completely standard, take no notice of it. The prescribed timeline applies. Just sit back and wait see what they send, they generally take a month to comply.

If they send you a copy of just the signature box from the application form, that is not a copy of the agreement!

(btw Hamptons/Lowell's=Same thing!)

Post again when they send you something.

Good luck, regards, Dave.

Thanks for the reply i will keep you updated on it. I know about Hamptons/Lowell the time i got round to writing the CCA i was getting the letter from Hamptons thats why i sent it to them. funny thing is they never phone my house they have only called once and i told them i dont know what they are talking about and i would be looking into it no more calls from them only letters.

If they do supply the original agrement they will i need to pay all this amount as i think it should only be £700 and not what they say £2500.

cheers

• 1 month later...

hi i sent this CCA away on 01/03/07 and there time is almost up for them to send me the agreement.

What should i do after the time runs out do i send another letter or just wait to see when they start chasing me again?

i have counted 14 wokring days from the day i sent it 01/03/07 and then another 30 calander days after that which takes me up to 18/04/07 is this right will there time be up on 18th

please any help thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i sent the a letter back for non compliance with the CCA and got a letter back a couple of days later saying the matter is now closed and i will receive no further correspondence.

thanks for all your help and thanks to tifo who gave me a wonderfull letter for non compliance which worked a treat that can be viewed here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/85030-what-letter-send-cca.html#post766634

Thanks again

• Haha 1

Hi i sent the a letter back for non compliance with the CCA and got a letter back a couple of days later saying the matter is now closed and i will receive no further correspondence.

thanks for all your help and thanks to tifo who gave me a wonderfull letter for non compliance which worked a treat that can be viewed here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/85030-what-letter-send-cca.html#post766634

Thanks again

Clownells have had to send quite a few of these letters out recently. Just shows what happens when you call their bluff with the backing of CAG:D

Thanks again

Brilliant!! dance.gif

Release the balloons! :cool:

ballons.jpg

See! The little man (or woman) can win! dance.gif

• 3 months later...

hi, i am new here, this forum seems fantastic and the people here wonderful.

i received a letter stating: "sorry you were out, we are trying to: contact you"

on the back it had an address, i googled it, and it led me to here, it was the same address caigey had on his letter.

i have been bombarded with letters and phone calls from lowell.

this place gives me hope. thanks everyone, keep up the good work.

I had the exact same note through my door (the irony is not lost - they tried to call "today", but sent the note via 2nd class post!), although it's addressed to someone who has NEVER lived in this property.

(It was converted from a church 3 years ago, and owned / lived in solely by the chap I bought it from since that date.)

Recently, I've intercepted a few other letters in this person's name, which has me slightly worried, but nonetheless in this case I suspect that this might be a trick to get you to call the 0845 number on there......

• 3 months later...
Any letters addressed to the formere occupant should be put in the post box and marked NOT KNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS RETURN TO SENDER

I dont want them !

ROFPMSL:D

H A P P P Y N E W Y E A R

• 2 weeks later...