Why start PPI late may 2005 ? My O/H got a Citicard in early Feb 2003?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My O/H got a Citicard in early Feb 2003. He was charged something called accident death cover at 9.95 per month from inception till May 2005 and cardholder repayment protection at about £30 per month from MARCH 04 until July 05. The account was defaulted in October 05 as part of a DMP. It does not make sense, if he agreed to PPI then cover surely it should be monthly through the life of the card? I am sending a claim form for the other charges. I want to claim the PPI as well. They sold the debt to Cabot who is currently in default of my CCA request.

Comments please?

:lol:

Hello,

Firstly did you O/H agree to pay the accidental death cover premiums? Were they fully explained and did you receive the terms and conditions of the policy? Was It explained tha they were optional.

I would sent a SAR and have a look at what they sent to you. There is a £10 fee for this. You will find it in the Library Templates, just amend it to your own situation.

Once your receive it (possibly lacking and only giving you what THEY want you to know) you can make a decsion as to whether to proceed in reclaiming your payments

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

I have already started a prelim letter asking for the PPI and charges back as I had all the statements should I include the accidental death cover, as we never knew anything about it. Are they likely to send me anything further on an SAR? I have already asked Cabot(who they sold the debt to) for my CCA and they are already in default and they have acknowledged that they have to ask Citi for it so will probably not meet my deadlines!!

:lol:

Hello I am sure you are aware

The template for this is here: Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner

You need Letter N.

Basically the companys have twelve working days to supply you with the information mentioned in the letter or they are in default

After a further calandar month the debt is unenforceable until such times as the information is found, in which case the companys would need to ask the courts to make you pay, which is highly unlikely they would do as they would have to explain why they didnt comply to your request.

Good luck

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW