style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

good for you. please can you make sure you read the facts page on this site and also the step-bystep guide is useful. if you had read this you would know that the bank now have forty days in wich to comply with the request to supply you with statements. this can be quite a lengthy proccess so be prepared to wait at the different stages. after all you never just get handed money do you? the banks do like to make you work for it back. in the meantime please use the time to read as much info as you can as it prevents mistakes being made later on in your claim.

bos~ Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1766.82

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

bos Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1217.86

court date issued of the 17th november

27th oct full offer totalling everything including 8% interest court costs and £10 dpa sar..... one down next to go.

rbs~ Data Protection Act sent off 21/09/2006:mad:

I do realise that we have to give them 40 days to supply the statements (it said as such in the letter I sent them.) I have read about some people receiving their statements much sooner than 40 days, so I guess I am just hopeful I will get them sooner than this.

I have read quite a bit on this site & will continue to do so.

I was just starting a thread about my progress really.

Hi Littlemiss beck.

Good luck with the Halifax. Get your highlighter ready ;)

I was successful against the Halifax earlier in the year, reclaiming a total of £2281. :D Have a read of my thread to see my timescales.

Remember to stick to your timescales and don't be put off by the bank's delaying tactics!!! Stick to the guidelines on this site and you will get all of your money back.

If you need any help, just post a message and someone will get back to you very quickly.

Have a read of all the success stories in the forum -- you'll be one of them soon!!!

Best wishes.

jaxads x

• Haha 1

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

i do appologise if it sounded as if i was criticising you. in my defense we get a lot of folk on here who jump in with both feet and not enough knowledge.... thats when problems occur. sounds to me as if you are heading in the right direction and ill keep my fuingers crossed that they wont keep you waiting too long. good luck

• Haha 1

~ statements received

~ owed £1766.82

~ statements received

~ owed £1217.86

27th oct full offer totalling everything including 8% interest court costs and £10 dpa sar..... one down next to go.

jaxads & smoorach,

Thank you for your helpful advice, at the minute i'm reading as much as I can, Will keep fingers crossed and highlighter at the ready!

Will post again if there is anything new to report!

Thanks again,

Beck

Hi,

Received 87 pages of statements today - 6 in each envelope!

Have double and triple checked my figures and its £1700 without any interest added on.

I have typed the request for repayment of charges and will send it recorded delivery tomorrow.

i am nervous but also shocked at how much money was involved. The last couple of years have had hardly any charges, but previous to this was awful - one month about 120 in charges, which had a roll on effect for another month or so. I'm disgusted with myself too, for letting it get that bad, but thing were a real struggle throughout my divorce.

Will keep you posted on progress (if any)

Beck

Hi Littlemissbeck

It's only natural that you feel a little nervous, I did --- but it is exciting too!!!

It's a bit of a waiting game once you've sent off your letter as Halifax are snowed under at the moment. If you've not had an offer at the end of the 14 days, send off your LBA. Remember this is YOUR claim so stick to YOUR timescales! Don't let Halifax fob you off with stalling letters!!!

It is a lot of money but you WILL get it back. :D It's almost like a savings account you didn't know you had ;)

Best wishes -- if you've any questions, just ask!!

Jaxads x

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Its 14 days tomorrow since I sent my letter requesting my charges refund and have heard nothing - will be posting my LBA tomorrow recorded delivery. was hoping for at least an acknowledgement from them - hope this isn't going to be too difficult!

One question. I go on holiday in 11 days for 2 weeks, would you send the LBA now, or the day before I go on holiday?

thanks

Beck

you can send it now hun then its ready to go for when you come back from your hols all nicely rested lol

~ statements received

~ owed £1766.82

~ statements received

~ owed £1217.86

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have had a letter from halifax saying that after looking into it, they will not be giving me any money back as they charged in accordance with the rules of my account.

I rang the number on the letter on Sat morning, the man said to ring a different number on Tuesday when the customer relations people are back at work, as he thinks I could sort this without going to court.

To be honest I am hoping they will, as it is going to cost £120 to take to court - ouch.

Any advice for my call on Tuesday? I have told them that if they can provide a detailed account of how it costs 39.00 per bounced cheque etc.. then fair enough but they won't go into details about that!

all answers greatfully received

Beck

Hey little miss and all,

Another peed off halifax account holder about to post her letter tomorrow (also barclaycard, GE capital and Halifax credit card)

Expecting the same kind of tricks they are playing with you but good to know theres people here for advice.

Any advice you guys? sending letters and spreadsheets tomorrow so I take it I just wait 14 days and follow up with second letter if i dont like what they say/ they dont bother to say anything at all?

Best of luck y'all

Progress:

Halifax account- 1st letter sending tomorrow (8th May)

Halifax ccard- 1st letter sending tomorrow

Barclaycard- 1st letter sending tomorrow

GE money- 1st letter sending tomorrow

Monkey baby :eek:

Hi,

I have had a letter from halifax saying that after looking into it, they will not be giving me any money back as they charged in accordance with the rules of my account.

I rang the number on the letter on Sat morning, the man said to ring a different number on Tuesday when the customer relations people are back at work, as he thinks I could sort this without going to court.

To be honest I am hoping they will, as it is going to cost £120 to take to court - ouch.

Any advice for my call on Tuesday? I have told them that if they can provide a detailed account of how it costs 39.00 per bounced cheque etc.. then fair enough but they won't go into details about that!

all answers greatfully received

Beck

Any advice please?

To be honest im not sure you will get anywhere on the phone. If you do get through, make sure you let let them know you will only settle for the full amount, dont let them fob you off. And make sure they know youu are ready to file at court.

And if you dont get anywhere, then file.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

hi all, got a reply yesterday to my first letter to Halifax, so just after a bit of advice....am assuming I go ahead with my second letter and stick to my guns?

letter says they have carried out a full investigation of my account and satisfied that the charges have been correctly applied. Also says I agreed to the terms and conditions when i opened my account etc etc

It was stated in my first letter that I required a breakdown of the costs involved to show that the penalties reflected the true costs...they have not done this (like a really expected them to!) but instead just put in a paragraph going on about additional work when there are insufficient funds therefore reasonable to charge....the usual BullSh** really.

Assuming I just stick to my guns...already have draft of 2nd letter ready to go tomorrow. Any additions or advice people?

Hope you are all getting there with your claims.

Monkey baby :eek:

Yes carry on with your time scale. This letter is just a standard one. You are doing fine.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi everyone,

I phoned Halifax to chase up, they stood firm with a refusal so I aid 'ok, i'll go to court and 2 days later they wrote to me.

I requested refund of 1757.00 and they have offered exactly half. I think I am going to ask for the whole lot back - accepting their offer only as partial payment. what do you think? Should I just take whats offered?

Opinions greatly received

Hiya,

Depends how much you need the money really. They said you were going to get nothing, then 2 days later they have offered you half your claim.....maybe if you stick to your guns in a short while they will offer you more?

If they thought they would win a case against you then they wouldn't have offered you anything.

Halifax have offered me a part of my claim but I want all MY money back :D

Good luck

Chop

Will definitely donate on payout to help keep this site going - thanks for all the advice!