poohbear1 vs abbey they took my £10 for SAR

poohbear1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok I sent off my SAR letter and cheque for £10 on 26th Feb which I had been told by loads of people I would get sent back! Er no, the cheque cleared my account today! I know it is perfectly within their rights but I can't believe they are aloud to take your money that quickly yet they have the 40 day period to supply your details! Also yesterday I got a really weird letter from them saying how they were sorry I was making a complaint and that they were seriously looking into it, I am confused! Has anyone else received this kind of letter?

We all get them poohbear. take no notice.

As for your cheque, when I spoke to them yesterday I was told that they take the cash when they're ready to post the statements & microfiche photocopies, so maybe you'll get them in the post in the next few days.

I think she slipped up in her conversation, she called the charges penalty charges, when Abbey defence solicitors are calling them something else, can't remember the term but it's something about liquidated something or other.

Righteo, ta very much for that. I shall watch out and see if they arrive soon and post as soon as they are received, if indeed they turn up eh! I won't hold my breathe just in case of dissappointment.:)