Please help

TanyaA
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Finally learnt how to start my own thread - now that I have been using the site more, and finding my way round a lot better.

Could somebody please give me some advice please?

Just about to send off my letter with the spreadsheet of charges, but have just realised that the abbey microfiched statements do not show a balance on them, so how can I enter the interest charged on the spreadsheet?

I can do it for the statements from the last 14 months, but not before - any ideas please???:-|

Tanya

1st off its important to understand that the spreadsheets or at least the ones i have used) only estimate the amount of interest you have paid, they are not intended to be super scientific.

bearing this in mind you will probably have noticed that where you have a positive balance in a given month that the spreadsheets don't return any interest due to charges, even though there may be a debit interest ion your statements.

So what i did was devise a strategy to at least show that some interest had been charged due to the charges.

what i did was to put a small negative balance in the cell where i either didn't have a balance for that period or else i had a positive acc balance.

What this does is assign the interest to the charges so its not particularly accurate but it is an estimate.

I used this method with all of my claims so far and have always referred to this element of my claim as estimated interest you have charged me.

Because it will be a small portion of the total claim i don't think the banks are likely to worry about checking this value but at least if you use the term estimated then they have the choice.

By the way all of my claims have included this and all have been paid.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Thanks for that Glenn

Totalled up my charges - a whopping £1487.00 I was stunned and shocked to say the least.

Be interesting to see what my HSBC will be.

Time to send my 14 day letter me thinks.

Thanks again;) :D

Glen

cou you please advise me of how to save the spreadsheet after you done all your entries, as i have know had to redo this 3 times.

Or am i just being dumb?

which sheet are you using?

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Sorry Glenn It is the Excel Advanced - it waws just everytime I closed it down it said did I want to save, to which I said yes, but cannot find where it saves it to, neither could I see where you are able to change the location of the file.??!!

Sorry to be a nuisance

are you getting htis from vampiress chambers by any chance?

glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Sorry Glen was extremely busy yesterday, I went onto the the templates section and found it there.

Glenn sorry to bother you again but but was this the right place to find it?

Don't know if it was on the Vampiress chambers or not?

• 2 weeks later...

Sent both my 14 day letter and spreadsheets to Abbey and HSBC so still not received anything - this was 9 days ago.

When should I prepare for my court action?

Also can anyone advise what MCOL stands for? Please

Money Claim On Line.

Have a thorough read through the FAQ Section at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faq.php

Dragon

:)

Abbey

S.A.R. - March 06

Settled in full £2300 - May 07

Abbey2

RFP - 13 June 07

N1 Filed- 20 July 07

Stayed - 07 Sep 07

Capital 1

S.A.R. - 25 June 07

Statements recieved - 29 June 07

RFP (with CCI) - 10 July 07

LBA (with CCI) - 30 July 07

N1 Filed (with CCI) - 19 Sep 07

Offer recieved (8% not CCI @ 34.9%) 28 Sep 07

Defence Filed (on basis that claim settled) 02 Oct 07

Cheque recieved and banked 16 Oct 07

Sent both my 14 day letter and spreadsheets to Abbey and HSBC so still not received anything - this was 9 days ago.

When should I prepare for my court action?

Also can anyone advise what MCOL stands for? Please

Hi Tanya,

MCOL stands for Money Claim Online which is an online court claim, while the N1 is an old-fashioned paper copy you hand in to the court.

The best thing to do at the moment is to read as much as you can, so you understand all the processes and stages fully. Was this letter your Prelim or Letter Before Action (LBA)?

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

yes it was my prelimnary letter requesting my charges - I havent yet heard back from either of them yet - the 14 days will be up on 29 March

How long does it usually take for them to get back to you, or do they usually end up waiting until you send them the court prelim letter?

Hi Tanya,

This is my thread and so far as I can tell it seems fairly typical. I had all my statemnts so didn't need the SAR stage.......

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/55539-charleyfarley-abbey.html

If you have a look at it you'll get a good idea of timescales:)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

• 1 month later...

Charley farley

Thanks for that - been keeping up to date with your situation, any more news yet???

The 14 day LBA is up on thursday, and as of yet I have heard nothing - they have also charged me again this month - even though I havent been using the account....

Just wondered should I start to fill out the Mcol form yet and if so where should I find it?

Thanks for your help!!:):cool:

Tanya,

Have a read here under "M"

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html#post436526

People have different opinions between N1 and MCOL. I used the N1, but it's up to you which route to go.

If you use the MCOL, make sure you follow it up with a copy of your schedule of charges to the courts

charley farley

found the N1 form, but cant seem to enter details on my screen - am I being stupid? Also a bit concerned as to whether or not I will complete it correctly, and tips??:rolleyes:

charley farley

found the N1 form, but cant seem to enter details on my screen - am I being stupid? Also a bit concerned as to whether or not I will complete it correctly, and tips??:rolleyes:

I've sent you a PM;)

I have to say that for convenience MCOL is great, but, you get a very limited space to fill in your POC, and more specifically, the DJ at my local court seems to have take against MCOL and I know that she returns all MCOL claims and says that she doesnt want "Stylised particulars of claim" so for number 3, I have filled out the N1 and taken it there myself

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Hi charley and Lula

Havent had a chance yet to do my N1, unfortunately had some urgent work issues and then my little boy was taken ill over the weekend, but am going to have a go at it in a mo (if I do get a chance)

how do you actually file this to the court? and does it cost you anything up front??

:rolleyes:

Thanks for that Lula, he is still not right but he is keeping liquid down now, so that is one thing.

Had a look on the N1 form - just a bit worried whether or not I will fill it our correctly - is it difficult or easy to follow??:confused:

Hi TanyA,

I completed the .pdf version of the N1 which gives you the chance to make mistakes..............my writing is full of scribbles and crossings out, and I ended up printing the form out 3 times until I got it right. But at least that's better than a hand-written copy full of mistakes.

It also looks and feels great when you've done it!

Thanks charley farley

So I need to fill out the part that says my solicitor firm? also do I just tick no for the question about Human Right Act?

Once this is filled out do aI then just go to the court and they fill in the rest?:rolleyes:

Thanks for all your advice and help both to you and Lula:)