Credit Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ran into difficulty paying my credit card, it was passed to a debt collector with whom i agreed to pay £120 per month. I hadnt payed them for two month because i lost my job, i sent them a cheque last week for the arrears and this months payment as i have now started a new job, but when i checked my bank account the credit card company are taking every penny out of my account and leaving me with no money to pay direct debits and standing orders. what can i do?

I ran into difficulty paying my credit card, it was passed to a debt collector with whom i agreed to pay £120 per month. I hadnt payed them for two month because i lost my job, i sent them a cheque last week for the arrears and this months payment as i have now started a new job, but when i checked my bank account the credit card company are taking every penny out of my account and leaving me with no money to pay direct debits and standing orders. what can i do?

bump anyone ?

Just hate every DCA out there

If the credit card issuer is the same as your bank then they wil ldo dthis under the right of offset.

I suggest you change your bank account and have your salary paid into there, as well as any DD & SO. Don't worry about any overdraught at this point. Set about reclaiming your charges on your cards and bank account and in the meantime only pay your credit card (and any other debts if you have them) what you can afford, even if it is a token £1 per month for the time being. Make sure that your essential bills are paid before you pay the card.

essential = mortage/rent and utilities, food, travel to work etc.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.