• Tweets

• The digital bank has introduced three new plans - Extra, Perks and Max - replacing its existing Plus and Premium plans for new customers.View the full article
    • Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

NEXT- Default removal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recorded Delivery is useless; it relies on a Postman who can't be bothered putting in his paperwork. It OFTEN shows "Not Delivered" when in fact the item was delivered in double-quick time. The only sure-fire way to get proof of delivery is to use a service which is guaranteed under the Postal Services Act such as "Special Delivery". It costs a bomb but the Royal Mail are scared to death of it failing so they really come down on Posties who don't get the paperwork right.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stonelaughter, thanks for that, it's frustrating and as you say special delivery costs a bomb, will have to now try and trace if the letter was delivered.

Hi all...This may be worth trying send your letter recorded delivery as normal and put a cheque in it for £1.00 and the chances it will go thru there payment system and therefore it will prove they did actually get the letter. What have you got loose , if they don't know what the cheque is for the chances they will return it so either way it proves they received the mail from you........

:confused: I had a letter from Next stating that they could not help me any further with my complaint and this would be the last letter to me Blah Blah Blah. So I forwarded this onto the I.C.O to add with the other 10 pages of bumph I sent them. I got a letter back yesterday from I.C.O saying they got the letter I forwarded to them but they have NO DETAILS of anything else I have sent to them. Please could I re send full complaint copy. I could scream, how did my complaint get lost I have proof of posting. I need to start this all over again, so sorry folks may be some time before I get back to you on this one. However I would like to know how anyone else gets on. I will fight to the death on this one........

• 6 months later...

I was going through my new credit file when lo and behold Next have vanished :o I am going to keep this copy for proof. I had a car on HP which didn't show on my file and now it does but the Hp is due to drop off in 2 months time as the 6 years is almost up from when it was paid off. If Next reappear on my file can I make them take it off? and how do I stand that the 2 other cra's are still showing Next? Shall I send them a copy of my credit file?

S.K

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Spitting Kitten

I'm just subscribing to your thread as Next have just placed a default on my file and i'm not happy. I sent them a s.10 Notice in July and they have already admitted they don't have a credit agmt so their processing of my data is wholly unlawful under the principles of the Data Protection Act. I called up the Information Commissioner's office today and they advised me to write one more letter to Next to give them a chance to remove the default and if they don't respond within 14 days to submit a complaint with the ICO. I'll let you know how I get on and i'll be watching your thread with interest.

Good luck!

b8byd :D

• 9 months later...

Hi S-K,

Very interesting thread on Next especially since something similar happened to me!

Next insist that receiving goods and paying off each month is enough for them to record activity with the CRA's - I take it that this is false?

Also they have written to me to say that they don't have a signed CCA - yet they will not remove the default notice.

Again, it appears that I haven't had a proper default notice, only a letter similar to yours saying debt will be passed on! Even then the date of this letter is 2 weeks after the default date on my credit file!

I have written to the I.O.C and will keep you posted....(just a shame that this takes months for an answer)

Any update on what's happened to you? Were you able to get yours removed in the end?

Is the fact that they have no signed CCA - enough reason not to have processed any data about me?

Thanks - FREDDIE

• 7 months later...

Hi, I just wanted to know the outcome of the complaint. I am in a very similar situation. Same default notice received and NEXT can not provide me with a signed credit agreement.

My account is closed and no outstanding debt. My complaint is a default recorded by next, that i need removing asap.

Cheers

Bank Charges refunded from Halifax £2600

Bank Charges refunded from halifax joint account £554

Credit Card Charges refunded from Halifax £300 plus interest

:D

FAO Suzby...

Just a quick reply...I will post a more up to date one as soon as I can!

I had a reply from the I.C.O who have said that their response is a final response with no chance of an appeal! They have basically said even tho' Next haven't got a signed CCA the default still stands as they are obligated to record information on me.....basically lots of bla..bla..bla...I was met with a similar response from the F.O.C who said that it still stands and I need to contact the I.C.O.

There is more detail I need to add as soon as I get chance but it appears that even without a signed consumer credit agreement and a proper default notice those organisations that should help us are siding with the big companies!!!

Thanks

FREDDIE

thats sucks!! i've registered my complaint with the ICO and FOS. Not feeling to confident that i will win here.

You would think they would just remove the default due to the credit crunch! More and more people have poor credit due to past personal problems and no lender will give anyone credit because of the default data. in my opinion its better if they just remove the data and try and give people a chance to proove themselves and get this country back in circulation with borrowing again.

Let me know how you get on!

• 3 weeks later...

any update??

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I am going throught the same problem with them - they are jokers!!!

I sent them a letter requesting a "true copy" of the default notice, they wrote back saying by law they do not have to do this, i also asked them for signed contract which they said they did not have to do??? I asked for copies of all documents and questioned them, as they did not change my address so i did not receive anything, they now refuse to correspond with me. I thought i might write to the MD of Next and complain about the department etc. They will not correspond and refused to answer a question - they know i am right. Any ideas what we should all do next?

To be honest i've given up. I've just been made redundant so i've lost motivation to takle them until i find a job. I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you.

Good luck

Hi - reading your thread with interest as I too am going through the same scenario with Next -they are a joke!

Firstly I ask for a copy of a CCA - they send me a copy of one that looks a bit like one that I might of signed??? Send Account in Dispute letter - they send me another agreement (different) a bit like the one I might have signed. Check Credit files and find a Default registered but never received DN. So ask Next politely for a copy -they send me a copy (it has COPY stamped on it) of the original default notice which they are obliged to keep by law. However, I realise that I have said 'letter' in file all along which they claim is a vaild DN, except low and behold, this copy of the original has been altered i.e date as it just said the month and mysteriously my address has been corrected as was wrong on my copy.

Have reported them to TS and have made a major complaint to their Compliance Team who then verbally admit they do not have any agreement as account is too old. So crimes so far - insisting they have a cca and passing off an unsigned version under the copy documents 1983 old chestnut then an ' amended' DN which is not a DN or looks anything like a DN. They also swore that they had sold on the debt the day after I missed a payment and would not accept payment of the arrears but now have back tracked and have said that it is still with them - well they ain't getting a bean now!!

I intend to get this Default removed permanently and make their activities known to all and sundry - will keep you posted.

If Next are defaulting without any sort of Default Notice then please contact Credit Fitness Team at OFT - you can e-mail. If enough enquiries come through they will be forced to take action OR Leicester Trading Standards.

With ref ICO - they are slow and if you use the no agreement approach they will bat it back - however registering a default without a DN or valid DN is against their own guidelines - see ICO website - A guide to registering Defaults with Credit Reference Agencies.

That is very interesting - Thank you.

They sent me a copy of the DN, or what is supposed to be a copy. I am convinced it was fabricated as they have the incorrect address, which i changed with them, yet they refuse to answer this question???? Makes me think i am even more right. They are a joke and will not help at all. As soon as your correct they will not correspond with you any longer. I will help anyone trying to remove a defualt notice from them. I want me and others to be sucessful as i am sure they are trying it on!

The only way to resolve the matter to to sue them. Reporting to ICO, OFT, FOS, etc will get you nowhere. If they have incorrectly placed a default on your file and you have corresponded with them to no avail put them on notice that you will be suing them for damage to your credit reputation and then issue proceedings. There is a lot of advise on these forums as to how to do this.

Also, this guy got awarded over 100k because of losses incurred due to an incorrect default on his credit report. RICHARD DURKIN v. DGS RETAIL LIMITED+HFC BANK PLC, 26 March 2008, Sheriff J K Tierney

The only thing the banks/creditors will understand is whopping great Court judgements against them. Until people start suing for these incorrectly placed defaults, creditors will continue to do as they please with peoples credit files, as others have rightly pointed out the ICO and other organisations just don't want to know or else side with the banks.

Hi johndeevoy,

Many tnaks for all the info. Im just not sure that i would have a leg to stand on. when i was questioning Next, they said regardless of anything, I knew i had the account, and i knew it had to be paid. this is correct. However, my view is that no statements etc were received so i therfore never knew how much i owed and weather to pay or not. It would cost a lot of money to sue and i am not sure its worth it for £453.00. Unless i could sue for stress, worry and the fact i am unable to get credit!!! What do you think?

AegHer

AegHer - you should open your own thread so that you can get advise on your specific situation. It sounds like they have defaulted you for an old account but you will need to provide specifics in your own thread. Your next step would be to send a SAR letter. There should be a template in the template letters forum. Sorry I can't link as I am at work.