Danmarton V's Abbey Mortgage Help Please

danmarton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Can anyone help me here, I am looking at requesting back my ERC's from Abbey, plus late payment charges etc, but not sure excactly what I can claim. I had an endowment morgage with Abbey, which I believe I was mis sold, but thats another matter, which I am already dealing with, anyway, I changed my endowment mortgage with Abbey to a repayment mortgage with Abbey, and have just received my redemption statement from Abbey that I requested, but now sure what I am able to claim back.

The redemption statement is made up as follows

Interest £3739.29

Administration Fees £3514.11 (Sent me 2 redemption statements, on one it is classed as Administration fees, on the other it is called product related charge) either way it is the early redemption charge.

Deeds Handling Charge £99.00 (What did they do here, take a look and put it back, because its the same bank!)

Booking Fee £199.00

plus on top of that I have several charges of £32 for unpaid DD

So which of the above amounts can I claim back, also the erc relates to my old mortgage with Abbey, but the unpaid dd's relate to my new mortgage with Abbey, will I have to make 2 seperate claims? And where do I start, where do I send my pre lim too? I have so many address for Abbey, but would it be the Triton Sq Regents Place London address?

Thanks for any help in advance

First of all (as you sound new to the place) you need to perhaps read the whole of the above mortgage section threads to familiarise yourself with procedures, letters and pitfalls, especially with early redemption. There is I believe an Abbey address thread, either in the mortgage section or Abbey bank section containing all the appropriate contacts and including template letters to follow. Certainly your unpaid DD charges you can claim and perhaps if the mortgage account number was changed, you may need to make seperate claims, otherwise one containing all charges. Have a bit of a read over the weekend, both here and on the main pages of the forum and remember that you will be potentially entering into lots of legal jargon if you pursue something you dont quite understand, so fill yourself in first, to understand the procedures and keep us posted by posting updates so others can assist and advise.