C&D v HSBC - second claim! **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

After one sucessful claim against HSBC I decided that I am going to try and claim back the charges they have applied to my account since and some more from 2002 - 2004 that I didnt realise I had when I claimed last time. I have done a quick calculation and estimate that this claim will be for £1,085..

They will love me as they paid £1,477.93 to me only last week!! (oh well, they shouldnt charge so much then should they!!)

I will keep this page up to date, I am hoping to submit my 1st letter early next week.

C

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]C [COLOR=black]& [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]D :) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC[/B][COLOR=#000000]- Full settlement received & spent! £1,477.93 :-) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT] [COLOR=mediumturquoise][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC claim 2![/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - Full settlement offer received 27/06 - £1,116 :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]A&L[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (for my Nan) - full settlement received on day of prelim hearing - approx £1500 :-)[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Halifax[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - full settlement received 30/06 - £2576! :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Barclays[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - Court forms were due to be submitted but he wants to wait for results of the court case with OFT[/COLOR][/FONT] [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#000000][B][COLOR=mediumturquoise]A&L[/COLOR][/B] - (for a friend) - court forms submitted - claim 'stayed' due to OFT case[/COLOR][/FONT]

Hi! I was successful in my 2nd claim last month. They tried to wriggle though saying they had already refunded me. Stick to your guns as I did and politely point out that you never agreed not to make a 2nd claim and the dates for which you are claiming fall outside the period subject of your initial claim.

Good luck!

Hello

Glad to hear I am not the only one claiming again and that there is still a chance of getting it back. I am posting my 1st letter (approach for re-payment) today and it is for £1,116!

Hunkydory - Have they closed your account now?

C

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]C [COLOR=black]& [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]D :) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC[/B][COLOR=#000000]- Full settlement received & spent! £1,477.93 :-) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT] [COLOR=mediumturquoise][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC claim 2![/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - Full settlement offer received 27/06 - £1,116 :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]A&L[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (for my Nan) - full settlement received on day of prelim hearing - approx £1500 :-)[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Halifax[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - full settlement received 30/06 - £2576! :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Barclays[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - Court forms were due to be submitted but he wants to wait for results of the court case with OFT[/COLOR][/FONT] [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#000000][B][COLOR=mediumturquoise]A&L[/COLOR][/B] - (for a friend) - court forms submitted - claim 'stayed' due to OFT case[/COLOR][/FONT]

hiya. Im just starting my 2nd lot aswell. Hope you get yours back!

Do you have to go through the WHOLE process again, with sending all the letters?

Cheers!

HSBC Prelim letter sent 3/10/06 1st class recorded, a BIT scared!

HSBC LBA letter sent 18/10/06 1st class recorded. Bit more scared now!

Hello

I have started from the very first letter (minus the SAR). I was advised not to highlight the fact that I have claimed before so figured that would be the easiest thing to do. They will receive my letter tomorrow so will see what happens.

Good luck to you too.. let me know how you get on.

Carrie

Hi! Apologies but I've been away! No, HSBC didn't close my account after the second refund, however I decided that I would close the account because they were crap anyway so I don't know what the outcome would have been if I'd left my account there.

Hi Hunkydory.

Thanks for coming back to me.

C

Update:

Not a word from HSBC yet and their 14 days were up Friday (although I will give them until Monday just to be sure!)...

It makes me laugh that they dont just settle, they would save themselves sooo much money in court fees and interest! I actually want to submit my court forms though as I would like the interest as there should be about £200 - £300 in it!!

Will let you know what happens....

C

Just realised that it sounds like I am submitting court forms next week.. I will actually be posting the LBA to them Monday if there is nothing i the post...

• 3 weeks later...

HSBC have until Wednesday / Thursday to answer my LBA letter - I thought I may have received an offer by now as I had last time.. never mind.. guess we will see what happens, somehow I think they may be rather busy!!

Possibly as it was previously moved to successes and I had to ask for it to be amended... Are you able to change it or do I need to ask someone else?

Hello.

Yesterday I received some statements from HSBC with a letter stating:

Thank you for your request with regard to information about transactions and charges / fees on your account.

We note that you did not request statements, however, this is the only format in which the bank holds the information you require. For this reason, copy statements have been enclosed.

We are happy to cover any fees for the production of this information.

If you require further information, please let us know.

Yours sincerely

Angela C Harries

Centre Manager

Should I send another LBA or continue with court forms?? I am going away soon so wont be able to send them until early May - do you think its worth me sending them a letter to confirm?

Thanks

C

Hi.

Thanks. I will submit my court form in May once I have been paid! I did have to submit court forms last time and got to the allocation questionnaire stage before they offered but I didnt do it online as the court is only up the road from me..

Cheers again.

C

will do. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

LMAO :)

No news from HSBC.. I need to submit my court forms as I want the interest but car needs MOT this week and have bills to pay - its soo frustrating! Will try and submit early next week (depending on MOT!)..

Will keep this updated..

• 1 month later...

Hello.

I havent submitted my court forms yet and HSBC's 14 days from LBA were up on 18th April.. Should I send another letter advising if I havent heard in 14 days I will submit court forms or, am I ok to just submit?

Carrie

just go ahead and submit it - you told them you were - it's just been a little longer than you said (any new charges - you can still add them on and update your schedule of charges right up until you claim)