Anne26 V HSBC

Anne26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5819 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just to make sure i've got everything straight,

I submitted the claim on MCOL on 26/03/07 and letter back states that it has been issued on 27/03/07 and deemed to be served on 01/04/07 and the the defendant has till 15/04/07 to reply.

Had acknowledgement of my claim on 29/03/07 and the letter advises that the defendant has 28 days from the date of service of the claim form to file a defence.

So, does this mean that they have 28 days from 29/03/07 to file a defence....so until 26/04/07?

Hi Janey

Thanks for that. Time for the waiting game now. I've already sent my shedule of claim off to DG, do you think I should chase them to see if they've recieved it, or just wait for them to submit their defence?

well, its a good idea to give them a ring, check they've received your schedule... likely you'll have to leave a message,, but they usually phone you back. they must be sooooo busy with all these claims..... :grin:

Hi all

I've been trying to call DG but can't get through (surprise, surprise). They've got until 29th to file a defence. Does anyone know where I can find a copy of a nudge letter to get a few ideas?

the nudging doesn't apply until after their defence is filed - if you were thinking of nudging now - you'll just have to wait like everyone else does.

if, after the defence is filed, you'd like to try a letter - they are found on two threads i've written - after you've filed your aq and new after 28 days, maybe no aq.

the one thing you can do - did you send your breakdown to the court and also to dg? you could ring dg to see if they have received your breakdown - but don't expect anything other than a quick yes from them.

we advise not to bug them - let them get on with the business of making offers.

Thanks for the advice Lat:), I'll just have to wait then. I left a message on DG's voicemail and they called me back to confirm that they recieved my breakdown but could not give me any timescales. I just left it at that. I could do with the money now, so hope this doesn't drag on too long.

take up knitting - you'll have a jumper made by the 29th. let us know if you hear anything or when the 29th gets here - meanwhile - you can read up on what happens next or help newbies who only have 1 or 2 responses to their threads - believe it or not - you are now an old hand at the early stuff. here's the link to my two threads for the next bit -

When you have filed your AQ................ (multipage.gif1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page) New---after 28 Days - Maybe No Aq!!!!!!! (multipage.gif1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

i know what you mean - most peeps could use the money now - but it's a process and it's not a fast one - but i should say you are over half way now - maybe more - just hang tough for a bit longer!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've received a letter from the courts advising that the claim has been transferred to my local court. The section in the letter regarding the allocation questionnaire has been crossed out so I'm assuming that I won't be sent one. But there isn't a court date. T guess i'll get another letter shortly.

I'm goingto draft my nudging letter today and get the ball rolling.

• 3 weeks later...

Just come back from holiday today. Got a bit of a scare though...picked up a british paper with an article stating that someone went to court for a claim against Lloyds TSB and lost. I'm bricking it now!! I'm starting to think that this may go wrong, does anyone know any more details.

I still haven't heard anything from the court since my Notice of Transfer letter on 2/05/07. Called the courts today and was told that they are really behind so to leave it another week before I call. I just want my money. I'm sending off another nudge letter today, fingers crossed DG will send me an offer soon.

go on lloyds forum and see the lot - the guys thread - the judgment - bankfodder's response. it's all there. it was a one off - now if anyone is doing a court bundle - they include t & c's. business as usual.

you are doing the only thing you can do to help things - nudge and send a breakdown with each one.

Hi Pink, I'll keep an eye on your thread then. Money's really tight now so an offer would be fantastic. This whole thing is just taking ages now. I was confident that i'd get my money but this Lloyds thing has made me unsure, never mind though i'm sure we'll get our dosh.

I've resigned myself to the fact that I will not get my money until a court date is given. DG are not dealng with my claim with any urgency. So its just a matter of time & for my claim to rise up in their 'to deal with now' pile.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys

No news. I've been callingthe court but keep being told that it is with the judge and they can't give me a timescale due to the amount of cases they've had relating to bank charges. Apparently he is putting them all together or something. Boooo, this is taking ages now