NATWEST OFFERED £1000 LESS - Do they accept an amount you suggest?

emmaandjayden
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Theres no hard and fast rule on this one. Some of us have had offer of full charges and accepted and some of us have had less offered and accepted and some have had less offered and rejected. Personally, I rejected. But its up to you. You are entitled to your full charges back, that is basic charges, without any interest on, at this stage. Once youve filed MCOL or court claim, then they have to pay you the 8% and costs etc.

Yes they may accept your offer or they may drag it out longer to try and call your bluff.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Again, youve done the right thing by writing to tell them what you will accept, so you have it documented before court, if it gets that far, that you were even willing to accept less than your actual charges, which can only be a good thing I think. But really, Natwest are not and have not been consistent on any of this. Everybody seems to get treat differently, so just because youve told them you will settle for less doesnt mean they will settle. I think your chances are good, they might, but not guaranteed. None of this process comes with guarantees at any particular stage. Its all still work in progress. But good luck anyway. And do post if they come back with agreement to your offer of what you will take.

Personally I wouldnt settle for less than my actual charges either, hence why I started my MCOL claim on Monday, wiith my added 8%, but were all different. Some of us are up for the fight regardless and some of us just want a quiet life where we can accept less and be happy. Either way, so long as you are happy with your decision thats is all that matters. Nobody has the right to say what is or isnt right for you, but you. I would fight for the full charges, but tis your choice entirely. WERE ALL DIFFERENT.