Previous owners still using my address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, don't know if anyone can give me a little advice.

Bought a house from a couple in November 2003, I have had numerious letters still sent to them at my address. Today my husband opened a letter by mistake addressed to them. It was from CapQuest Debt recovery, demanding £2890 payment within 14 days.

My husband rang Capquest up and they said that the woman in question had verified that she still lived at my address in September 2006.

The last thing I want is baliffs turning up to my address. I can always take them to where the couple live as it's not far from where I live.

Is there anyone I can report them to as I am sick of recieving letter for them?

Are they committing fraud?

Will this affect my credit rating (I know it shouldn't but you never know).

Thanks in advance

Danler

You can either return the letters with: "not longer at this address" on them.

Or you can forward the letter to the rightful people. But it looks as if they are deliberately doing this, so that wouldn't help much, I think.

Best might be to write to Capquest a letter advising them that you opened their letter by accident, and noticed that they were sending demands to wrong address. I suggest you send a photocopy of the house purchase agreement, and tell them that you are putting them under notice that under the DPA, you do not give them permission to hold your data since you do not have any contract with them, and that you expect them to correct their records accordingly, or you'll report them to the ICO if further letters addressed to previous owners come to your address.