Notty

Been to Court Today!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 218 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

As I have said on a previous thread I have been offered 3 seperate amounts. One from DLA, and another two from Milton Keynes. I did not know about the last two as I could not get into my online account. The only reason I knew they had paid something into the account was when I received a statement. I then received a letter offering me the money (but it was already in the account) I rang her and she knew nothing about the second offer and wanted to know who sent it. A total of £500 has been paid into my account my claim is for £1200 (includes court cost). They have taken £287 old charges from earlier in the year and also 6 x £15 and another £32. All charges so it has left £150. I only happened to look on the account this morning as I have not been able to get into the account before. The £150 it left I have taken out of the account.

I am not sure what to do next. My AQ is still with the judge from 7th November. Do I know have to let the court know I have received the £500 although they have taken most of it. Also should I send Abbey the GOGW letter from the library telling them I only accept it as part payment. And finally what about the new charges they have put on. Should I add them to my claim form or should I start all over again once (hopefully) this has all been sorted. HELP!

Can someone please help me with the last thread

As I have said on a previous thread I have been offered 3 seperate amounts. One from DLA, and another two from Milton Keynes. I did not know about the last two as I could not get into my online account. The only reason I knew they had paid something into the account was when I received a statement. I then received a letter offering me the money (but it was already in the account) I rang her and she knew nothing about the second offer and wanted to know who sent it. A total of £500 has been paid into my account my claim is for £1200 (includes court cost). They have taken £287 old charges from earlier in the year and also 6 x £15 and another £32. All charges so it has left £150. I only happened to look on the account this morning as I have not been able to get into the account before. The £150 it left I have taken out of the account.

I am not sure what to do next. My AQ is still with the judge from 7th November. Do I know have to let the court know I have received the £500 although they have taken most of it. Also should I send Abbey the GOGW letter from the library telling them I only accept it as part payment. And finally what about the new charges they have put on. Should I add them to my claim form or should I start all over again once (hopefully) this has all been sorted. HELP!

Hi ring the bank and tell them that you will issue another claim for the new charges if they do not refund them.

Send the letter informing them that you will accept the cash as part payment, inform them that you will continue to seek the balance and you will inform the judge that they have taken most of the cash in charges as soon as it entered your account.

You need to Inform the court that they have paid you £500. Hopefully when you ring the solicitors they may offer the full amount.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

I have written to the bank telling them I am going to issue a new NI form for the new charges they have levied. Can I start another claim as my court date for the first one is not until March. Will it get confusing. Also do I need to start with the 2 letters for my second claim?

I am just starting to get together my court bundle. Is it the same for a business account?

Thanks for that. Yes they are both for a business account, is that what you mean?

My court date is for March. I am a bit confused about what I need to have in the bundle. Would someone take a look at the judges order and make sure I have all I need. I have printed off the basic court bundle and as I am a business I realise I have to take out the UTCCR 1999 and UCTA 1977. Is there anything else I need to take out or put in? Also I will add my bank statments, a copy of the bank charges, any letters between Abbey and Myself. The thing I am confused about is the witness statement on the AQ I put 0 for witness. I assume the evidence is my statements and letters? Would someone be kind enough to read the order and tell me if I am missing anything.

1. EAch party shall deliver to every other party and to the court office copies of all documents (including experts' reports if the Court has given permission for expert evidence to be used) on which he intends to rely at the hearing.

2. The copies shall be delivered no later than fourteen days before the hearing .

3. The original documents shall be brought to the hearing.

4. Signed statements setting out the evidence of all witnesses (including expert witnesses if permission has been given to use them) on whom each party intends to rely shall be prepared and copies included in the documents mentioned in paragraph 1. This includes the evidence of the parties themselves and of any other witnesses whether or not the wintesses are going to come to court to give evidence.

I have read a thread from Southerner and he has put his witnesses statement on this thread, also the index page but not sure if I need them?

Would someone please look at the last thread for me as I need to get the court bundle sorted.

Would someone please look at my thread. I am not sure about the court bundle and would really appreciate a mod looking at the order.

Notty, look at the stickys above the forum there is stuff that you need for the court bundle in there. The order is nothing out of the ordinary so dont panic,

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

You want the Examples of Witness statements and If you have a court date, both by Karnevil, at the top of this page there is a link to Abbey thread, just press on that and there is the stickys above the main forum

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

oh and on your AQ did you not put yourself down as a witness?

You should have.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Where on the AQ would you put yourself down as a witness? The only bit on their that relates to a witness is the peice below. Have I missed something here?

Quote:

Section D - Witnesses

So far as you know at this stage, how many witnesses (other than yourself) do you intend to call to give evidence at the hearing?

Enter the number of witnesses you intend to call to give evidence not including yourself or any expert witness

Typically this would be 0

Notty, you are correct dont worry about it ;)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Sorry I was thinking about the n150, i presume you have an n149??

My appologies.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

1. EAch party shall deliver to every other party and to the court office copies of all documents (including experts' reports if the Court has given permission for expert evidence to be used) on which he intends to rely at the hearing.

2. The copies shall be delivered no later than fourteen days before the hearing .

3. The original documents shall be brought to the hearing.

4. Signed statements setting out the evidence of all witnesses (including expert witnesses if permission has been given to use them) on whom each party intends to rely shall be prepared and copies included in the documents mentioned in paragraph 1. This includes the evidence of the parties themselves and of any other witnesses whether or not the wintesses are going to come to court to give evidence.

1)this exactly the same wording as mine but for lloyds! how do you know if if permission has been given to use them.

4) again how do you know if permission has been given?

bit stuck on mine. :(

phew cheers for that karne :D :D sorry for hyjacking! so do bundle and statement of evidence...will be a busy bee next week.:rolleyes:

I am just getting my court bundle together for 7th March. I was originally offered two seperate amounts from Abbey. They just paid them into my account and I didnt even know for a while. They took more charges out of the £500 they paid in and it left a balance of £150 which I withdrew. I telephoned Abbey (Christine) and told her I wouldnt accept that is a final payment and would issue a further claim for the new charges. I didnt put anything in writing to them. I did write to the court to tell them of the payment made by Abbey. I have just read the GOGW thread and its saying you shouldnt accept the offer if its after issue but that seems to be a new suggestion. When I send in my bundle should I redo the schedule of charges and take the amount they have paid me off the total amount?

Also in the Example of Witness Statement sticky it mentions Case Summary and Disclosure list. Is this the same as the Index. There seems to be different names for the same thing and I'm a bit confused by it.

Would appreciate some help please

Would someone be able to help with this please.

I am just finishing my court bundle and I am trying to link to the OFT summary from Bookworms court bundle but it will not open in pdf. can anyone tell me how I can get the summary any other way?

Thanks Gizmo. I have been on the website and put in the letters and numbers for a search but I cant find it! Sorry if I'm being think but help please.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 218 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you