• Tweets

• Just like last time, Evri requested more time so they have another 2 weeks
    • Just an update, finance company rejected my complaint saying they've found damage but can't tell when it's from even though I've shown them how the front end is misaligned in the advert photos compared to another identical model car they're selling.  Dealership now want to charge me to get the car brought back to me but will only discuss over the phone which seems off. They're also saying no damaged was picked up by JLR main dealership before I purchased it but my local JLR dealerships till this day haven't mentioned the damage to me because they don't go into stuff like that for some reason lol  Ombudsman case is still open, not sure if I should leave the car with them or just pay to have it brought back.
    • Hi all, I get esa and pip,  I have £1200 in arrears that I owed my ex partner, I have been paying £100 per month to clear this debt that was setup by standing order, as I have complex needs I forgot about this standing order and have overpaid mainternance by around £4000, I told CSA I am happy for my ex partner to keep overpayment I do not wish to seek anything back, however they have declined to take of the sum of £1200 and are still saying I owe this to my ex partner. In my second question it was announced that pip would stop for mental health, I don't understand the link below Disability benefits system to be reviewed as PM outlines "moral mission" to reform welfare - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK The Prime Minister has outlined a package of sweeping reforms to put work at the heart of welfare and... Does this mean my money is going to stop? I have spoken to my key worker and I am already recieveing help from mental health team and complex needs team along with connections and mind, I just don't get what is going on.
    • No, i haven't had one for about 10+ years. I am thinking of just going to the court in person and pay at the counter
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Been to Court Today!

Notty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Gizmo. I have been on the website and put in the letters and numbers for a search but I cant find it! Sorry if I'm being think but help please.

No worries - your PM is full try this link Current credit card default charges unfair

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again Gizmo, got it!

On the OFT summary (I have printed off the 32 pages, not sure if that was right or if it was the 3 pages) it does mention the UTCCR 1999 and the UCTA 1977 but as my account is a business account I am not supposed to include the above in the bundle will it be okay in the OFT summary. Do appreciate your help.

I have just finished my court bundle and I am sending it off tomorrow. Would someone please put my mind at rest, so that I can sleep tonight, that it is okay to send.

1. I am a business account so I have taken out the UTCCR and UTC act as advised. Is it okay to send the OFT summary as it does refer to the two acts?

2. I have had two payments from Abbey and informed the court of them but on the witness statement do I put in an amended figure to show the two payments or leave it as it is on the original schedule of charges.

3. Do I alter the schedule of charges to show I have been paid the two amounts.

4. And finally I have included in my bundle the following:

Index page, Witness statement, Schedule of Charges, Bank Statements, Relevant Case Law Summary, EDM, Dunlop v New Garage, SOGA 1982, OFT Statement of Summary.

Please could someone tell me if that is correct?

I have my court bundle x3 ready to send off to Abbey and court on Monday. If someone could just confirm:

1. if you need to send Abbey's defence as part of your court bundle?

2. the bit at the end of some witness statements says the following, but its

not on every statement. Should it be on or not?

(11. I would respectfully ask that the Court, in this case, notwithstanding allocation to the small claims track, order standard disclosure.

a. The Defendant to file at the Court office and serve me with a list setting out how charges have been calculated.

b. I understand that it is in the Courts discretion to do so.)

3. i didnt take a copy of my AQ (filled it in by hand as the computer was down). Will it be a problem?

Thanks again for all your help with this.

Just one more thing, honest. I have the bundle ready to go but I am just worried that the SOGA 1982 should it be included or not? It refers to the UTCCR and UTC act at the bottom of the page and as I am a business and cannot send these I am just worried about sending the SOGA 1982? Thanks for all the help. It has been a real hard slog for this bank. I wish they were more like Halifax they paid up before the court allocation, great.

I have a court date for the 7th March. I have sent the bundle nearly 2 weeks ago but not had anything from the court or Abbey. The 14 days before the court date is this Tuesday. If I dont get a copy of their bundle by then is it worth writing to them (dont think there will be enough time) and writing to the court with the "Strike out Defence due to non complicance bundle"?

Would it just be a wait and see and should I just go to the court hearing on the 7th?

by most accounts on here abbey dont send the defence bundles if you havent heard by tuesday ring the court to see if they have recieved one if not then i believe ringing the courts is in order to see if abbey have filed with them

Not sure now of how u stand from there if you have to wait for court date or if you can request to have the defence struck out for failing to comply but the courts should be able to tell youi this better than i can I will see if i can find a mod or someone about to advise you better than i can

Ok spoke to someone more knowing than i on this via the site chat and i am basically on the right lines check on tuesday to see if the courts have recieved abbeys bundle if not get in touch with whomever it was dealing with your claim via email or write to them you could phone but unless you can record it you have no proof as to what was said or that you did indeed phone and ask where your bundle is if you have no joy then there is a letter in the templates library to send to the courts asking for judgement on the case in your favour due to non-compliance by abbey http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/post-479228.html

MY CASE

Newbody Vs Abbey

NB: Please read the FAQs & step-by-step instructions thoroughly & completely before commencing any action

the following is a link to a web archive of abbey websites over the time click on month under year to access Abbey's site for that time period to get what the terms and conditions were for when you opened your account Internet Archive Wayback Machine hope it helps or here for where i have started to pull them out to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/91707-archives-abbeys-web-pages.html

Advice & opinions given by me are my views or how i would respond, and are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group & are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions & actions are your own - if in any doubt, seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Thanks for the reply Newbody. I have just phoned the court and they have not had a copy of Abbey's bundle. In your thread you said to email Abbey see where it is but I read a thread earlier, from Karnevil, which said not to ring Abbey, so I am a bit confused. Karnevil said to send the letter (Non complicance) to the court but again I have read that Abbey could go for a Stay? Not sure what to do next any advice please?

Hi Notty

Sorry I am not offering advice do you mind me asking what your bundle consists of I have to send mine to Abbey and Court for the 8th March only received the letter today. I am about to go abroad and a little panicked as bad timing .

Thanks

wilkiw for court bundle here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

Notty reason said to email them is so you have proof of what is said and i believe that is why karnevil said in other threads not to phone them as you will have no proof as to what said or that you did indeed phone them

look at the draft letter for striking out the defence for failing to comply and hopefully it will help point you in the ditrection to go http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/57385-examples-witness-statements-disclosure.html#post479228

MY CASE

Newbody Vs Abbey

NB: Please read the FAQs & step-by-step instructions thoroughly & completely before commencing any action

the following is a link to a web archive of abbey websites over the time click on month under year to access Abbey's site for that time period to get what the terms and conditions were for when you opened your account Internet Archive Wayback Machine hope it helps or here for where i have started to pull them out to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/91707-archives-abbeys-web-pages.html

Advice & opinions given by me are my views or how i would respond, and are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group & are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions & actions are your own - if in any doubt, seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Just wanted to let the people who are still waiting that I've won!!! If I can do it anyone can. I had my letter this morning saying they would pay the full amount plus costs. They have to raise a cheque and will either deposit in my account or send it to me. My court date is for Wed 7th March so there is still time. I will not cancel the court until I have the money. I think it gives everyone else a boost when you see others win. I, like loads of others, thought I would be the first one in the dock! Anyway the last couple of days I have had the 48 virus that is doing the rounds, lost my voice, my dog has had six pup, and I think I might call one ABBEY.

I sent my court bundle in nearly two weeks ago. The judge had said on his directions 14 days before the court date which should have been the 21st February. Abbey didnt send anything to me or the court so I sent a letter to the judge yesterday to tell them I hadnt received anything. It does seem an awful long time ago that I filled in the AQ. I started with Halifax in March last year and they paid up (a doddle compared to Abbey) in the August. I then started the Abbey claim in September last year and the court date is a week away. Whew am I relieved. I claimed the 8% interest on both claims and Halifax and Abbey have paid it. Good luck with your claims. I know its daunting, especially the court bundle. I thought I would get laughed out of court with the one I sent but it was obviously okay. My account is a business account as well that made me a bit nervous that I was doing it all correctly. Karnevil has been such a great help and I want to thank her/him. As soon as I get the cheque I will donate as I did with Halifax and its worth every penny to keep this group going!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks