style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was 1 month behind with the rent. The landlord changed the locks and stopped me working in October 2006. I was in a joint tennancy with a friend. I am the only one getting taken to court and my ex friend gets away with everything.

My landlord has just sent me a letter saying I vacated the property in August 06 which is not true as august rent had been paid in advance. My business mail had been returned not known at this address since September 2006. This mail included cheques, tax vouchers and work orders/enquiries which would have paid my share of the rent. The business looks like it is going to fold in the very near future as most of our clients thought we were out of business and went elsewhere. I went to a solicitor who wrote to my landlord telling him that changing the locks was a breech of the lease agreement and sending my mail back was not good. My landlord denied everything and changed the locks back after the letter which was sent Oct 06. I was working away during Sept/Oct. There is a lot more to tell if I can get some help.

I am now being taken to court for over 13k. My ex friend is getting away scott free.

Once you are in arrears, your LL has an option to either detemine the lease or send in bailiffs to levy charge on the goods in the premises in question (giving you some time to pay the rent).To determine the lease they can just instruct a firm of bailiffs who inturn will change the locks and post a notice to that effect. Did any of this happen.

No none of that happened. When I went to the workshop after working away the locks had been changed. My solicitor wrote a letter and he changed them back denying he changed them in the first place. He sent me a letter this week saying I vacated the property in August even though the rent was paid up to Sept 15th. My mail from the workshop was returned to sender from early September (I have proof of this and he denied this also in october but it is piecing together now I think he wanted me out). I have lost a lot of work over this with people not being able to get in touch.