PompeyDaz v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK I popped into my local branch the other day and requested statements going back 6 years for 2 accounts I have. They only charged me a fiver for each account, which is half of what I was expecting !!

Totalled up the charges and they come to £1,128 and £906 !!

I have my initial claim letter ready to go, but can I just put one letter to cover 2 accounts or should I send seperately ?

Hi Pompeydaz

Am not sure of the answer to your query,but just wanted to say hi as I too live in Portsmouth and have just set out to do battle with the Halifax. I'll be interested to see how you get on!

Regards, Debbie

12th March 2007 - sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and £10 to Halifax.

3rd May 2007 - LBA sent to Halifax.

15th May 2007 - £2,500 offered over phone (full amount asked for is £5,300) - OFFER DECLINED.

17th May 2007 - Filed claim via MCOL.

18th May 2007 - Claim request issued.

Notice of Issue received from Court - 22/5/07.

Claim deemed to have been served as of 23/5/07.

Notice of Acknowledgement received from Court - 31/5/07.

Halifax now have until 20th June to file defence or whatever......

Hello Debbie,

I will be sending my first letter asking for 2 grand out tomorrow, and will keep you all updated how I get on !!

Best of luck to you. ;)

Hi Daz, not sure if anyone replied to you or not, but put them all in as one letter

• Haha 1

"Banks are people that will lend you an umbrella when it's sunny, but demand it back the minute it starts raining"

Brad v Halifax

22/08/06 - Preliminary Letter sent requesting full repayment of charges

06/09/06 - LBA sent to bank

Hi Daz, not sure if anyone replied to you or not, but put them all in as one letter

Cheers Brad, thanks for the prompt reply !! Letter going in an envelope in 2 minutes and will send by registered post first thing tomorrow !! :grin:

Pompeydaz, good luck!!

People Power!!!!!

Debbie

12th March 2007 - sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and £10 to Halifax.

3rd May 2007 - LBA sent to Halifax.

15th May 2007 - £2,500 offered over phone (full amount asked for is £5,300) - OFFER DECLINED.

17th May 2007 - Filed claim via MCOL.

18th May 2007 - Claim request issued.

Notice of Issue received from Court - 22/5/07.

Claim deemed to have been served as of 23/5/07.

Notice of Acknowledgement received from Court - 31/5/07.

Halifax now have until 20th June to file defence or whatever......

no worries mate, just as an aside, unless you want to you don't need to send them recorded delivery. You can send them standard 1st class post and get a certificate of postage which is available free and is just as acceptable if it gets to court.

Good luck and shout if you need any further info

"Banks are people that will lend you an umbrella when it's sunny, but demand it back the minute it starts raining"

Brad v Halifax

no worries mate, just as an aside, unless you want to you don't need to send them recorded delivery. You can send them standard 1st class post and get a certificate of postage which is available free and is just as acceptable if it gets to court.

Good luck and shout if you need any further info

Ah cushty I think I'll do that then and save myself a quid !! ;)

Cheers yet again mate.

UPDATE :

8th March 2007 - Prelim Letter posted and proof of postage obtained.

Asking for total of £2,034 from my 2 accounts.

Here we go !! :D

best of luck

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Good luck pompeydaz!!!!

I was successful earlier in the year against the Halifax - have a read of my thread to see how I got on :D

Remember, it's YOUR claim, so stick to YOUR timescales and you will get all of your money back!! Halifax seem to be settling lots of claims before court proceedings (they did in my case too). However, if you do have to go as far as the court proceedings then you can claim your "little xtra" in the form of the 8% interest from Howard Halifax!!!

Best wishes.

jaxads

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE :

22nd March 2007 - Standard letter received...."blah blah thanks for your complaint, we have 8 weeks to do anything, blah blah blah"

Prelim letter deadline is tomorrow, so I shall get the LBA ready today to post first thing tomorrow.....

Right on track...:D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

good luck Daz...not long to go now

Brad v Halifax

• 3 weeks later...

The letter you have just received should have a telephone number of a regional office on the top. You could try giving them a ring, saying that you appreciate the offer but that you will pursue for the remainder. In my case, and many others, they upped the offer to the full amount after the telephone call.

However, they may say no and you may have to go down the court route for your full amount.

When you ring you may get a bit of a "slapped wrist" in the form of "do you not appreciate it costs money to run accounts like yours" a perfect response to this is "yes I do fully appreciate that, but surely the interest that has been earned from my charges alone will have more than covered any charges incurred in the running of my account" :p

That usually stumps them!!!!

Good luck -- it's your money and your call!!!!

jaxads

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek: