• Tweets

• Hi dx It's with Step Change. Yes that is the balance outstanding plus interest.
    • Hi All, I don't want to keep asking unnecessary and daft questions but as I read up on on stuff to prepare my defence and tthink about my witness statement, I am perusing the following: The BPA Code of practice states under 13. Consideration and Grace Periods: 13.1 The driver must have the chance to consider the Terms and Conditions before entering into the ‘parking contract’ with you. If, having had that opportunity, the driver decides not to park but chooses to leave the car park, you must provide them with a reasonable consideration period to leave, before the driver can be bound by your parking contract. The amount of time in these instances will vary dependant on site size and type but it must be a minimum of 5 minutes. 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place.   Let's say a motorist spends a minimum of 5 minutes to decide, then decides to park, that 5 minutes now doesn't apply? That doesn't make sense to me. So now that a motorist has parked after consideration, thus commencing the parking period, the decision time doesn't apply and parking time commenced when? .... on entry to the car park? This, as far as I can see is not stated in the [Withdrawn] Government document which says: The Code also makes clear that the consideration period ends at the point when the driver has parked and is therefore considered to have accepted the terms and conditions, which could be within the five-minute allowance. Doesn't say anything about it not applying if a parking event takes place.   [Withdrawn] Private Parking Code of Practice: explanatory document – how was it developed and what will it change? - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK So, according to the BPA, if a motorist inadvertently overstayed by 12 minutes for example, they have the 10 minute grace period but because they decided to park, they don't have the 5 minute consideration period because they decided to park and have overstayed by 2 minutes? Sorry if there's something I'm missing here.  
    • there are several threads here already whereby the judge in such cases only made an order to pay the required sum, the registering of a criminal record is at their discretion or not. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Dangler8 V RBOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I got the generic letter that claim was currently being considerd, pity it was dated 5th April which was coincidentally the date the 14days after my LBA. expired. So its wait and see time. I intended going down the FOS route but apparently they are also snowed under with charges claims and also have a backlog. They say patience is a virtue, so I will have to be virtuous. :(

05/03/07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) handed in at branch

Found missing statements at home !!!!

08/03/07 Prelim+ schedule posted rec del

22/03/07 :mad: No reply to prelim LBA posted rec del

05/04/07 :mad: 14 days and no reply to LBA, sent e-mail

27/04/07 :D Offered FULL SETTLEMENT £3375

03/05/07 Cash in bank account :D :D

Hi Dangler8

Just wondered if you would mind telling me please what address you sent your letters to, as like yourself am at LBA stage and have had no replies whatsoever! I sent to

ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND PLC

CUSTOMER SERVICE/COMPLAINTS

36 ST ANDREW SQUARE

EDINBURGH

EH2 2YB

Noticed you emailed a Sandy Watt and got a reply, do you think i should do this? If so could you please give me her email address please.

Thanks for your help

14/03/07 Request for repayment of charges.

16/03/07 Signed for

NO REPLY

02/04/07 LBA

05/04/07 Signed for

NO REPLY as yet

Hi serable, I sent LBA recorded delivery to

Royal Bank of Scotland

Customer Relation Unit

Retail Support

The Forthstone

56 South Gyle Crescent

EDINBURGH

EH12 9LE

e-mail [email protected]

Good luck :)

Whilst passing time awaiting an offer I was reading through some threads. I was wondering if anyone knows what happened to the almost famous Tommy McLean who managed to gain quotes such as "He is the man" "He is No1" "He is a star" obviously he must have helped speed up the claim process, much to the annoyance of the rbs.

Has he been replaced with Ms/Mrs Sandy " 2 Weeks" Watt ???

Possibly off on stress?? :D

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

UPDATE: e-mailed Sandy today advising her that I have been more than reasonable extending my timeframe to allow an amicable settlement to be reached, and that the action in LBA will commence unless a full refund is imminent.

Would be handy if anyone has a template of completed FOS complaint form (minus personal info of course) so that all CAG members going down this route sing from the same hymn sheet so to speak. :) do love these smilies by the way :)

UPDATE: Phoned CRU today, not sure if out of frustration, desperation or what "ation". Spoke to a very pleasant young man who without any problem at all found my claim on the system. Told me an offer had been posted out on the 16th. I know Royal Mail can be slow, but come on, a foot messenger could have arrived by this time, Im only 30 mile away. Reassured me a copy would go out in tonights mail so we will wait and see, bet it arrives the day that FOS complaint is due to go.

Point is Ive been reading the same scenario in other threads just recently.

Will update as or when it happens

Did you press him for how much?

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Tried but would not go into detail, confidentiality and all that crap. OK maybe he wasnt such a nice young man after all.

Good news though in that an offer has been sent out though eh? I think anyway! Just have to wait to see if it matches your expectations. I may give them a little call tomorrow myself...:lol:!

My girlfriend works for RBS (she has nothing to do with the charges dept before anybody asks!) and apparently a lot of letters are "sent out but go missing" according to customers she speaks to on a daily basis. Whether they are sent out or not...or down the back of Tommy or Sandy's sofa is a matter of opinion :rolleyes:

superward vs First Direct - WON!!!

superward vs RBS - WON!!!

Im sure this a delaying tactic to take us Scots up to almost 40 days. If and when it comes Im expecting it to be for about 75% and I will have to go FOS

Firstly Ive been lazy in checking e-mails but found out Sandy had e-mailed me on 25th with an apology for not replying to mine of 23rd but confirmed offer in post.

TODAY sure enough I received an offer of the full amount of basic charges £3375.00 which I think I will accept. OK I will definitely be accepting. :D :D :D

Congratulations Dangler8!!:grin:

We are still waiting, I emailed Sandy Watt and have waited but she stated that they have 8 weeks to respond so we wait! Hope we are as lucky as you.

Congrats again

14/03/07 Request for repayment of charges.

16/03/07 Signed for

NO REPLY

02/04/07 LBA

05/04/07 Signed for

NO REPLY as yet

Great news!

My thanks to you, I respect your wisdom. :D

LAST POSTING

Just to complete this circle. Posted acceptance Friday 27th recorded, maybe not a good idea over the weekend but did any away. Checked they received it Monday 30th. Account credited with £3375 today Thursday 3rd.

Many thanks to all, especially T4FF the honorary scotsman :D .

Watch out for Dangler8 Pt2 "The Revenge"

*blushes*